Jump to content

*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!


Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Annual Philly Wx Golf Outing @ Northampton Valley @ 10 AM Saturday October 19th.

Recommended Posts

First a big thanks to Carl for making the arrangements. 🏑

 We are going to hold this year's outing at Middletown Country Club. Change of venue from original post.

on Saturday October 19th starting at 10 am.   All are welcome to attend.  This is a low stress outing.  Most groups scramble and don't putt as well as Paul. ;)   But heck, Paul can putt and then there is the rest of us.  BTW I just found our scorecard from the 2017 outing.

The green fee including the cart is $60.  If you are interested in attending, please respond in this thread. 

Even if you dont golf, we get together after the round and have an adult beverage or two at the 19th hole. So if you want to meet us afterward, please let us know too.  I will bump this thread from time to time during the majors, etc.  We probably will need a final number by the first of October.

We hope you can make it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 10:23 AM, Rainshadow said:

First a big thanks to Carl for making the arrangements. 🏑

 We are going to hold this year's outing at the Middletown Country Club: 

on Saturday October 19th starting at 10 am.   All are welcome to attend.  This is a low stress outing.  Most groups scramble and don't putt as well as Paul. ;)   But heck, Paul can putt and then there is the rest of us.  BTW I just found our scorecard from the 2017 outing.

The green fee including the cart is $60.  If you are interested in attending, please respond in this thread. 

Even if you dont golf, we get together after the round and have an adult beverage or two at the 19th hole. So if you want to meet us afterward, please let us know too.  I will bump this thread from time to time during the majors, etc.  We probably will need a final number by the first of October.

We hope you can make it!

Can we just start at the 19th hole and stay there?🍺

Besides, there might be snow on the ground by October!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think my body can take 2 + 2 hours of 19th hole but I'd really be interested to show up after the golfers finish if anyone has a rough idea when to show you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, snowlurker said:

I don't think my body can take 2 + 2 hours of 19th hole but I'd really be interested to show up after the golfers finish if anyone has a rough idea when to show you.

Probably about 2:30 PM, give or take a few minutes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cbelke said:

Can we just start at the 19th hole and stay there?🍺

Besides, there might be snow on the ground by October!

FV3Tony says snow might be on the ground in late September.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Carl, looks like the course can handle the erratic tee shots and post-Sandy second guessing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to attend and meet everyone this year.  Just checked the family organizing app (I highly recommend Cozi, btw), and my wife has herself down as working that weekend.  So I'll pull some strings ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chubbs said:

Thanks Carl, looks like the course can handle the erratic tee shots and post-Sandy second guessing.

Lol.  Tom e-mailed me that he is coming.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in!   Looking forward to meeting the crew.  This will be about three weeks after the due date for our second child so I have a built-in excuse for my poor play :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 7:01 AM, Chubbs said:

Thanks Carl, looks like the course can handle the erratic tee shots and post-Sandy second guessing.

NP Charlie, just a simple phone call. Obligatory Sandy gale watch discussion the course can certainly accommodate however I recommend convening at the Eddington House which is right across the street from the course. For the real adventurous Parx is only 2 miles away, if anybody wants to run up there following the 19th I'd be more the happy to meet you at the casino. It'll be football season at that time so at the very least I'll be throwing down a few shekels on the weekly NFL slate.

As far as erratic drives Bensalem is really not forgiving. There's a lot of trees & a ton of OB on the left. Brown Ave, Hulmeville Road, a few neighborhoods, driving range & the back of Franklin Mills all border the course on the left side of holes. Back nine is no joke, #14 thru #18 are the toughest holes on the course, mucho tree trouble if you don't hit the ball straight on those holes.

Also be more the happy the play around there with any of the crew before OCT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colonel_kurtz said:

NP Charlie, just a simple phone call. Obligatory Sandy gale watch discussion the course can certainly accommodate however I recommend convening at the Eddington House which is right across the street from the course. For the real adventurous Parx is only 2 miles away, if anybody wants to run up there following the 19th I'd be more the happy to meet you at the casino. It'll be football season at that time so at the very least I'll be throwing down a few shekels on the weekly NFL slate.

As far as erratic drives Bensalem is really not forgiving. There's a lot of trees & a ton of OB on the left. Brown Ave, Hulmeville Road, a few neighborhoods, driving range & the back of Franklin Mills all border the course on the left side of holes. Back nine is no joke, #14 thru #18 are the toughest holes on the course, mucho tree trouble if you don't hit the ball straight on those holes.

Also be more the happy the play around there with any of the crew before OCT.

 

So we are screwed is what you're trying to tell us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cbelke said:

 

So we are screwed is what you're trying to tell us.

I guess I wont raffle those cat golfballs away this summer, I might need them as my backup to my backup to my backup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been threatening to come to this for a couple years now, and hope to finally make it this time. I don’t golf, so it would only be for the adult beverages.  I like @colonel_kurtz idea of continuing the after party, whether at the Eddington House or elsewhere. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cbelke said:

 

So we are screwed is what you're trying to tell us.

No problem, I have confidence in Shawn and Al.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

No problem, I have confidence in Shawn and Al.

Do you know is there a roof top that Tom can hit on this course? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

No problem, I have confidence in Shawn and Al.

Last time Shawn was machine off the tee once he warmed up, when I warm up my drives end up one fairway over instead of two

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

This will be about three weeks after the due date for our second child 

Not sure if you posted that elsewhere, but congrats! Your daughter must be thrilled. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

Last time Shawn was machine off the tee once he warmed up, when I warm up my drives end up one fairway over instead of two

He was behind us, there were some monster drives.  BTW when I warm up, my drives reach the fairway.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

He was behind us, there were some monster drives.  BTW when I warm up, my drives reach the fairway.

I remember a few of his drives were getting pretty close to us last year. 

Tony, you hit the flag stick on your one drive. No bounce either, that ball had a homing device built in to it. 

You were Mr. Consistent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cbelke said:

I remember a few of his drives were getting pretty close to us last year. 

Tony, you hit the flag stick on your one drive. No bounce either, that ball had a homing device built in to it. 

You were Mr. Consistent. 

Usually the driver is not my problem club.  That is reserved for all the other clubs in my bag.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this usually a scramble?  I"m good for a great shot every six or seven tries ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread made me think that a TopGolf meetup might not be a bad idea at some point. Even the "non golfers" can hack away and have some fun while 19th holing the entire time...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last few outings kids fall sports have made it a non-starter for me, and it's a lot more travel time each way since I moved to chesco. That said, if I can thread the needle this year, I'd like to make it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

So is this usually a scramble?  I"m good for a great shot every six or seven tries ;)

Yes it usually is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 10:23 AM, Rainshadow said:

First a big thanks to Carl for making the arrangements. 🏑

 We are going to hold this year's outing at the Bensalem Country Club: http://www.bensalemtownshipcountryclub.com/

on Saturday October 19th starting at 10 am.   All are welcome to attend.  This is a low stress outing.  Most groups scramble and don't putt as well as Paul. ;)   But heck, Paul can putt and then there is the rest of us.  BTW I just found our scorecard from the 2017 outing.

The green fee including the cart is $60.  If you are interested in attending, please respond in this thread. 

Even if you dont golf, we get together after the round and have an adult beverage or two at the 19th hole. So if you want to meet us afterward, please let us know too.  I will bump this thread from time to time during the majors, etc.  We probably will need a final number by the first of October.

We hope you can make it!

I am putting it on my calendar today - now I need to get out there and practice before the fall - Tony has built up my putting beyond the one lucky call....lots of work to do!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...