*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

2019 General Thunderstorm Discussion

Tom's favorite thread is back.  Tomorrow, March 15th, we are in the general risk for thunderstorms.

⛈️

A marginal marginal to kick off the season

day1otlk_1630.gif

wake me when we're see text. those typically wind up the most interesting...

1 hour ago, dryslotted said:

wake me when we're see text. those typically wind up the most interesting...

You will be sleeping a very long time as there are no "see text" anymore. ;)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Too much shear and not enough cape today:

a.JPG

b.JPG

c.JPG

Perfect, we're picking up right where we left off last year. Soon enough we'll see the shear too far to the North or too much cloud cover in the morning not allowing destabilization, or Anvil blow off locking up our instability, or claims of bubbles directly overhead your house only, watching Lancaster and Berks get crushed while the rest of us get skipped, fill in any other weenie statement you would like to kick off disappeared season

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

Perfect, we're picking up right where we left off last year. Soon enough we'll see the shear too far to the North or too much cloud cover in the morning not allowing destabilization, or Anvil blow off locking up our instability, or claims of bubbles directly overhead your house only, watching Lancaster and Berks get crushed while the rest of us get skipped, fill in any other weenie statement you would like to kick off disappeared season

Sounds like another Heisy meltdown, but its not Heisy... 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, susqushawn said:

Usually we save this much venting for when our pole beans get crushed.  ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, susqushawn said:

welcome to basically the worst time of year weather wise starting now till about Labor day. Mud season->under performing thunderstorms-> over performing dew points-> under performing thunderstorms-> over performing dew points

• Like 3

About to get my 3rd thunderstorm of this March afternoon/evening...I’m sure things will even out later.

20AA8F2C-507B-4072-B7E1-EF5CF9F4879C.png

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

welcome to basically the worst time of year weather wise starting now till about Labor day. Mud season->under performing thunderstorms-> over performing dew points-> under performing thunderstorms-> over performing dew points->august in september

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

You forgot September in October 

• Like 2

Super decent action with this line rolling through... 

19 hours ago, cbelke said:

Sounds like another Heisy meltdown, but its not Heisy... 😉

Hah all sarcasm from me, just having fun.  I figure the lower the bar is set, the easier expectations are met.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, susqushawn said:

Hah all sarcasm from me, just having fun.  I figure the lower the bar is set, the easier expectations are met.  

It is tough to view expectations as a written post, but those would be true words to live by with snow also.  

Was surprised to see the mention of a chance thunderstorms with small hail in my local forecast. Sometimes these sneak attacks produce the best results.

1 hour ago, greg ralls said:

Was surprised to see the mention of a chance thunderstorms with small hail in my local forecast. Sometimes these sneak attacks produce the best results.

Yeah, wondering if we get some 40 degree graupel out of this.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iceman56 said:

Yeah, wondering if we get some 40 degree graupel out of this.

you were right on

Marginal Risk for many of us today. Won't get my hopes up too much, but could be something to track this afternoon.

slight risk for tomorrow from city on west. Timing looks pretty craptastic but looks like decent shear

14 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

slight risk for tomorrow from city on west. Timing looks pretty craptastic but looks like decent shear

06z nam 3k at 2am. Would be quite a set-up for our area if timing was changed by 12 hours.

nam364_14_06.gif