*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Welcome To EDT Precip Event Obs 3/9-3/10

@eastonwx  might hear or see something non-liquid at the start.  Advisories are up for the Poconos & far northwest NJ more for ice, than sleet and snow.

SnowAmt90Prcntl.png

StormTotalIceFcst.png

NAM 3km, iceist solution and it is rarely 1:1, but it doesn't take much if any ice to cause traveling problems.

78.JPG.797d54ce217eb7bde5642f1a134387e8.JPG

4 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

@eastonwx  might hear or see something non-liquid at the start.  Advisories are up for the Poconos & far northwest NJ more for ice, than sleet and snow.

SnowAmt90Prcntl.png

StormTotalIceFcst.png

I hope I can stay up for it Tony. Is this a case where some of these lower lying valleys hang on to the frozen stuff longer? If so, maybe I'll see evidence of it early in the morning!

5 minutes ago, eastonwx said:

I hope I can stay up for it Tony. Is this a case where some of these lower lying valleys hang on to the frozen stuff longer? If so, maybe I'll see evidence of it early in the morning!

This looks in your area, more of a what if at the start.  That cold layer at 950mb as odd as it sounds favors higher terrain locations to stay icier longer which so happen to be at that height (MPO, et al).

index.png.01445c05d720d723f3bef9fc8739882e.png

index2.png

• Like 1

Frozen may be a no-show but something to track at least!

2 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

Fort Kent road trip?

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

You can drop me off in Bar Harbor.

• Like 1

From this morning's AFD:

However expect cooler air in the low levels to hang tight for a time across our northern zones...areas roughly near and especially north of the I-78 corridor. Expect precip to start as snow or sleet in this area and it could even fall moderate to heavy for a brief time before changing to freezing rain and eventually rain from south to north. However by Sunday morning still think areas roughly along and north of I-80 may be hanging on to freezing rain with mostly rain to the south.

More interested in the warm front on Sunday, either 60s or dreary. gfs and euro at 5pm (DST) below.

gef393_9_6.gif

eurowarmfront.png

1 hour ago, Chubbs said:

More interested in the warm front on Sunday, either 60s or dreary. gfs and euro at 5pm (DST) below.

gef393_9_6.gif

eurowarmfront.png

If it were a sunny day, it would be warm enough for 70F.    The ICeON gives you a high of 53F,  PHL 57F.   Welcome to the first day this met spring of busting max temp forecasts.

WWA up for Northampton County

853045370_ScreenShot2019-03-09at2_58_36PM.png.8ac3b1e33a7122d171ee7d44c866555a.png

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT TO 11 AM EDT SUNDAY... * WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow and sleet accumulations of around an inch and ice accumulations of a light glaze expected. * WHERE...Northampton county. * WHEN...From midnight EST tonight to 11 AM EDT Sunday. Snow and sleet arrives from west to east around midnight and may briefly fall moderate to heavy, before mixing with and changing to sleet and freezing rain. A change to all rain is expected from the south during Sunday morning before it ends by early Sunday afternoon. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions.

34.6 after a high of 50 today

Trace of sleet/snow. Temps did hit 32 for a short time before midnight, but rose at start of precip. Measured 0.57" liquid

0.81" so far from this lovely frigid rain event.

.87" and starting to wind down. Light rain falling now.

Snow also laughing at the pitiful attempt by the rain to wash it away. Still hanging in there!

20190310_082353.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like .92" is the final total for today.