*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Meteorological Spring Banter Thread

March 1st, 2015:

Delco has a solid zr event. 

21BC1164-6A0B-4853-BB2B-C24E20144D98.jpeg.d5994757ef3afb412410517d9df1e61f.jpeg

C9D84B53-F25E-4182-9B06-E0F6AB4843A8.jpeg.0261c5c11c58a451a8935dde2aadac78.jpeg

11A5BC91-DDDA-4D94-A2D8-0A4788A220D7.jpeg.a13d17aa20729452626201e911a4163e.jpeg

then, March 1st, 2017.. models were predicting this:

2A102B65-59DE-4DFD-AE1B-6A644168DC3E.jpeg.13118a0a13f37880d4c8267fa6e3c9e5.jpeg

• Like 2

Why do I always like the 18Z NAM? Not sure after the Harper deal. If you reduce snow totals by 50%, it will be the highest total this year.

image.png.d5d43ea71eb3c87b6c83beecb0cab3ec.png

• Like 1

Just give me the 1-4" of snow I'm destined to get every storm the rest of the winter and I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, Boch23 said:

Just give me the 1-4" of snow I'm destined to get every storm the rest of the winter and I'll be happy.

you will get .1 and like it

• Like 1

I saw an incredible underdog story unfold this past weekend. 

The high school I graduated from sent 10 kids to the PIAA Individual Wrestling Class AA Southeast Regional this past weekend. After the tournament, 5 of the 10 wrestlers are headed to the state tournament starting on Thursday, which is a school record. 

The incredible underdog story comes from their 182-pound weight class wrestler though. This was a wrestler that lost his starting spot and didn't earn it back until halfway through January. From there he went on to finish 3rd at Sectionals and 3rd at Districts (District 3). Starting in the lower half of the Regional bracket meant he was on the same side of the bracket as the District 11 and District 1/12 champions. After scoring a quick pin fall victory in the first round, he had to wrestle the District 11 champion in the quarterfinals, where he scored a stunning 4-2 win in the sudden victory overtime period. Next up was the District 1/12 champion, and after a close 2-2 bout during the third period, the District 1/12 champion scored a late takedown to go up 4-2. The underdog would not be denied though, and hit a Peterson Roll for a reversal and two back points with just five seconds remaining to win 6-4. 

Then during the final, after giving up a takedown in the 1st period and an escape to start the second to go down 3-0, he held off an opposing takedown attempt, got the upper hand, and pulled off the pin fall victory at the 3:17 mark to put an exclamation point on an amazing underdog story.  

• Like 4

Any GoT fans in here?  Season 8 trailer came out today...AHHHHH!!!!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

Currently rewatching the whole series, but I'm going to leave trailer until later.

• Like 4

On 3/5/2019 at 1:09 PM, mshaffer526 said:

Have never watched it. Waiting until this final season comes out and then going to watch it all from the beginning.

• Like 2

3 years ago, when spring went nuclear on us the first week of March.

88A1A6FF-A3E1-4285-B081-E3A10B5D2111.jpeg

On 3/5/2019 at 11:04 PM, OverTheRainbow said:

Have never watched it. Waiting until this final season comes out and then going to watch it all from the beginning.

I’ve only got season 7 to go before 8 starts. Haven’t watched the trailer yet but it’s been some pretty amazing television. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dryslotted said:

relevant...

11 seasons of PA.jpg

I feel like mud season has lasted for 7 months. Second summer seems to last a month now. :(

• Like 5

7 hours ago, greg ralls said:

I know Tom isn't a fan, but bring on convective season!

:wub:

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 2:15 PM, greg ralls said:

I know Tom isn't a fan, but bring on convective season!

giphy.gif

• Like 6