*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Meteorological Spring Banter Thread

My wife and I took our daughter to see Double Dare Live in Lancaster last night.  She was too young to get called up on stage...but we weren't ;) Living a childhood dream, Marc Summers picked us to come up on stage and do a physical challenge--we beat the "yutes" for the adult team.

54798669_10100150463472550_2535507335871

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

My wife and I took our daughter to see Double Dare Live in Lancaster last night.  She was too young to get called up on stage...but we weren't ;) Living a childhood dream, Marc Summers picked us to come up on stage and do a physical challenge--we beat the "yutes" for the adult team.

I loved that show growing up and got to meet Marc Summers when I visited the Preston & Steve Show last year. He is a hell of a nice guy and had a lot of great and funny stories to tell.

• Like 2

I don't like the new wxunderground dashboard.  Mainly because it rounds temperatures to the nearest degree.  Not that I think the nearest tenth is accurate, but it is nice to see that for trends during mixed precip events during the winter.

fdfdfd.JPG.450134b812686841286a0a1cc036ed01.JPG

• Like 2

Looks like Saturday could be the first real springlike day on a weekend. I’ve been in my winter routine of catching up on work from my home office every Saturday, and I still have to do that this weekend because of a big deadline, so now that pull of competing desires and demands begins, that’s something I don’t have to worry about in the winter. Hoping to enjoy Saturday outdoors and work on Sunday instead, when it’s not supposed to be quite as nice. These first couple nice weekend days are mainly for getting the yard ready anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainshadow said:

I don't like the new wxunderground dashboard.  Mainly because it rounds temperatures to the nearest degree.  Not that I think the nearest tenth is accurate, but it is nice to see that for trends during mixed precip events during the winter.

fdfdfd.JPG.450134b812686841286a0a1cc036ed01.JPG

I agree with Tony.  I'm not a fan of this change.  I wonder if there's a way to modify the specificity.

29 minutes ago, PreserveJon said:

I agree with Tony.  I'm not a fan of this change.  I wonder if there's a way to modify the specificity.

Hopefully they are still working on it and this is not the final product.  I notice my table summaries are all wrong too.

2 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Hopefully they are still working on it and this is not the final product.  I notice my table summaries are all wrong too.

If I click on the station, I can see to the nearest tenth.  But it is annoying to click on each station to see that. 

5 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

54798669_10100150463472550_2535507335871

Awesome. Double Dare was great. Summers seems like a cool guy. I remember hearing about his car accident in Philly several years back. Bad one too. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, frankdp23 said:

If I click on the station, I can see to the nearest tenth.  But it is annoying to click on each station to see that. 

I may be clicking on the wrong spot, I move to a new station but still get it to the nearest degree.

EXPERTS PREDICT A LONG, DEEP SOLAR MINIMUM: If you like solar minimum, good news: It could last for years. That was one of the predictions issued last week by an international panel of experts who gathered at NOAA's annual Space Weather Workshop to forecast the next solar cycle. If the panel is correct, already-low sunspot counts will reach a nadir sometime between July 2019 and Sept 2020, followed by a slow recovery toward a new Solar Maximum in 2023-2026.

"We expect Solar Cycle 25 will be very similar to Cycle 24: another fairly weak maximum, preceded by a long, deep minimum," says panel co-chair Lisa Upton, a solar physicist with Space Systems Research Corp.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, snowlurker said:

EXPERTS PREDICT A LONG, DEEP SOLAR MINIMUM: If you like solar minimum, good news: It could last for years. That was one of the predictions issued last week by an international panel of experts who gathered at NOAA's annual Space Weather Workshop to forecast the next solar cycle. If the panel is correct, already-low sunspot counts will reach a nadir sometime between July 2019 and Sept 2020, followed by a slow recovery toward a new Solar Maximum in 2023-2026.

"We expect Solar Cycle 25 will be very similar to Cycle 24: another fairly weak maximum, preceded by a long, deep minimum," says panel co-chair Lisa Upton, a solar physicist with Space Systems Research Corp.

Hopefully, this will lead to fewer 90s this summer and a fun 2019-20 winter!

On 4/12/2019 at 1:46 PM, greg ralls said:

Hopefully, this will lead to fewer 90s this summer and a fun 2019-20 winter!

Seriously

• Like 1

I was so happy after Tiger won and now the burning of Notre Dame Cathedral has slapped me in the face. Not a religious zealot, but a piece of human history is gone.

• Like 2