*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Qtown Snow

2/20-2/21 Obs , The Deja Vu Event

Closing in on 2”. Big fat flakes now, warming aloft commencing. Little gigi dancing a bit 

85610BE9-BF35-4469-8590-1A391EB44072.png

• Like 2

Looks like 3 to 3.5", snowing moderately but coming to the end soon, before round 2.  Temp went up 2 degrees in the last hour.  Top pic is current, bottom an hour ago.

Temp: 25 F | Dew Point: 24 | Wind: E - 5 mph

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

3.3" thus far in Gap.

3.3" here also - down to light snow after several hours of moderate to heavy

2_20thunderhill.JPG

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:

I see NWS just increased Chesco to expected total of 6" of snow - not too sure that verifies but low end of total of 3" has verified - continues to snow at a moderate clip with the temp up to 26.4

C'mon Paul, think, think 6".  ;)

Meanwhile at sea level Mount Laurel at 1 pm.  1.8".  I guess everyone can tell which side of the bottle the wind is blowing from.

0000.JPG.19df143d9f9036c2fcbeb0ee87e9b4b6.JPG

• Like 3

I am missing this while out in Chicago. My wife said it started snowing back home in Newtown at 10:30 but as I look at the radar it really doesn’t look like there is all that much more to come at this point.

Just now, JimCaruso said:

I am missing this while out in Chicago. My wife said it started snowing back home in Newtown at 10:30 but as I look at the radar it really doesn’t look like there is all that much more to come at this point.

You’re not missing much. It’s nice but an easily forgettable event by the weekend. 

• Like 1

Snow tapering off to very light now in West Chester and it is getting very bright as if the sun might come out.

Temp 27, dew 25.

Another great snow event.  Regardless of what happens from here on out, it was great getting to stay home and watch it absolutely puke snow all morning long.  I say this every storm, but a 2-3" event is a lot nicer than people give it credit for.  I don't always like having to dig out for two hours.

• Like 2

Just now, mshaffer526 said:

Another great snow event.  Regardless of what happens from here on out, it was great getting to stay home and watch it absolutely puke snow all morning long.  I say this every storm, but a 2-3" event is a lot nicer than people give it credit for.  I don't always like having to dig out for two hours.

Agreed, it's not like we live in Caribou where you laugh at 2-4". I'll take this anyday. Beats it raining. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mshaffer526 said:

True. I just don’t want people out of town (Jim) thinking they are missing out on something special. Not worth getting bent over. 

• Like 2

HM posted this on twitter, that the convection to our southwest robbed some of the moisture from this event. Convection sucks!!

• Like 1

3" even here in Drexel Hill as what looks to be the last of the accumulating snow winds down. Could squeak out another .25 or so before the changeover?

• Like 1