*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

Lets cancel 1st half of Feb snow obs 2/10-2/12

23 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I'm thinking on northern edge could be some drier air aloft which isn't fully saturating column. Thus, looks good on radar but not good ground truth

That makes sense...it keeps starting and shutting off here. Riding the fence between moisture and dry air...

11 minutes ago, MGorse said:

As of 1 PM, snow total for PHL is 2.3 inches.

That sounds much better Mike and more in line with other areas around, Thanks for looking into it and fixing it

• Like 1

Not much base for the next round to build upon. 

20190211_142040.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Not much base for the next round to build upon. 

20190211_142040.jpg

Yard/House lookin' good though! Just think, thickening green grass just 2 months away. Spring is coming!

Just now, Parsley said:

Yard/House lookin' good though! 

Might be better off getting the lawn mower out instead of the snow blower.

• Like 1

According to the NOAA radar, my home keeps getting hit by blues, light greens, and dark greens. My daughter measured between 2.5 - 2.75" on the grill.

Hoping for their and my wife's sake that we'll get the additional 0.3" of qpf through 1am and sub-freezing temperatures predicted by the HRRRRRRR and they get an additional school day tomorrow.

1 minute ago, cbelke said:

Might be better off getting the lawn mower out instead of the snow blower.

Speaking of snowblowers...had mine taken in and found out it was basically a goner (unless I wanted to pump 2/3 the value of the snowblower into it. So I'm going to roll the dice on not needing one for awhile. Probably a safe bet (jinx, hopefully). It was a hand me down from my father in law (a 94' John Deere TRS 22) so it lived a good life.

• Like 2

Just starting to snow again here in NW Chesco for the 1st time since early this AM. Temp at 32.9  DP 28.0

5 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Speaking of snowblowers...had mine taken in and found out it was basically a goner (unless I wanted to pump 2/3 the value of the snowblower into it. So I'm going to roll the dice on not needing one for awhile. Probably a safe bet (jinx, hopefully). It was a hand me down from my father in law (a 94' John Deere TRS 22) so it lived a good life.

Oh I see a blizzard in your future. It will be a back breaker for sure. This is the kind of mentality we need to get a big storm! 😉

• Like 1

33.2F      Just a tad too warm right now.

This feels like an old fashioned event. Over 12 hours of continuous snowfall and still going. Nothing is sticking at this point, but still nice to see.

Snow starting to pick-up a little after a long period of flurries and net melting. 34F

2_11birch.JPG

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chubbs said:

Snow starting to pick-up a little after a long period of flurries and net melting. 34F

The South is winning this one.

• Like 1

It is starting to snow again in center city philly.  Beginning of round 2? 

39 minutes ago, Parsley said:

buying a brand new snow blower is the ultimate kiss of death

I need to move again, I've moved 5 times in my lifetime & the subsequent winters were 1966-67, 1977-78, 1986-87, 1993-94 & 2013-14

It appears the NWS has upgraded Berks County to a Winter Storm Warning with a possible 5-7 inches of snow. 

This forecast seems aggressive to me based on what I've read here and in the thread in the Short Term section. Did some model runs this afternoon cause them to bump totals up?

2 minutes ago, mweav067 said:

It appears the NWS has upgraded Berks County to a Winter Storm Warning with a possible 5-7 inches of snow. 

This forecast seems aggressive to me based on what I've read here and in the thread in the Short Term section. Did some model runs this afternoon cause them to bump totals up?

I didn’t see anything that warranted 5-7”. Everything mainly under 4”

5 minutes ago, mweav067 said:

The warning is cause of ice imo. Though the snowfall qualifies too but it’s mainly for ice 

5 minutes ago, mweav067 said:

.20 ice is close enough for the warning probably 

Just now, Birdtown2 said:

.20 ice is close enough for the warning probably 

.1+ I believe is warning as well as 6” or more snow 

Just now, tombo82685 said:

.1+ I believe is warning as well as 6” or more snow 

Ok I thought it was . 25. They changed the thresholds in someplaces this year mainly Chester County iirc