*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

Lets cancel 1st half of Feb snow obs 2/10-2/12

Any noticeable changes on the 12Z runs?  Particularly on thermals?

1 minute ago, mshaffer526 said:

nope, if anything would say things trended a bit drier overnight 

1 minute ago, mshaffer526 said:

I've been monitoring HRRRRRR and don't see any changeover in your area at least through the end of the run at 5am.

• Like 1

I love winter weather, but I'm hoping for a quick transition over to rain in my neck of the woods tomorrow.  I loathe icy roads.

Unless I'm reading it completely wrong, the 12Z NAM is odd.  It shows 1.4" of QPF for State College, but only 3-4" of snow.  That seems way too low, but maybe someone could enlighten me?  The GFS shows close to 9", but it also has higher QPF too (2.0" vs 1.4" on the NAM)  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

Unless I'm reading it completely wrong, the 12Z NAM is odd.  It shows 1.4" of QPF for State College, but only 3-4" of snow.  That seems way too low, but maybe someone could enlighten me?  The GFS shows close to 9", but it also has higher QPF too (2.0" vs 1.4" on the NAM)  Thanks!

Thats because the nam is aggressive with a warm nose around 700mb 

• Like 2

A measly 1/2” here in Buckingham PA...

gotta believe tonight will be better!?

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Thats because the nam is aggressive with a warm nose around 700mb 

The GFS really had hardly any warm nose at all. Well not it's finest hour with phase 1 (no phase 1 snow at PHL 00z/10th run), so good luck with that for Phase 2.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rainshadow said:

The GFS really had hardly any warm nose at all. Well not it's finest hour with phase 1 (no phase 1 snow at PHL 00z/10th run), so good luck with that for Phase 2.

Go USA 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

The euro is no where near as aggressive either with that nam warm tongue at 700mb

• Like 1

euro continues to look like 1-3 type ordeal tonight into tomorrow morning before flip to some sleet then zr

I sort of lost track of this threat because of the state wrestling team tournament and generally not being online during the weekends. 

Is there a lot of a support for a heavy sleet/freezing rain impact? Or will it be some during the day tomorrow before a flip over to rain?

we just got a dusting last night. interested in what tonight will hold for us.

2 minutes ago, bmart said:

we just got a dusting last night. interested in what tonight will hold for us.

for you I would say it's mainly tomorrow. Don't see much happening there tonight 

• Like 1

from what I'm seeing is most of the area outside maybe LV north should be rain by evening commute, cold rain but rain. City should be straight rain probably by noon at latest

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

N Md continuing to get blasted it looks like right now.

They aren't though. I'm looking at cameras and the visibility are generally over a mile. I mean they have some solid dendrities falling but roads are wet. If roads are wet on feb 11th, it's not snowing that hard 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

They aren't though. I'm looking at cameras and the visibility are generally over a mile. I mean they have some solid dendrities falling but roads are wet. If roads are wet on feb 11th, it's not snowing that hard 

Yeah, and with temps. where they are it's just not going to cut it on an early afternoon in mid-Feb. Basically a waste of good dendrites.

sdd.png

5 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

That's exactly what is falling here. Are the size of the flakes making radar look more ominous than ground truth? 

My dog measured 3.4” in 3 different flat spots with no compaction. He’s carrying his measuring stick in his mouth.

33F/70%RH

Hockessin DE. (~1200 feet from the DNREC monitoring station)

A7A6EF20-12AD-4100-8C41-616E639CD872.jpeg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, WeatherQ said:

My dog measured 3.4” in 3 different flat spots with no compaction. He’s carrying his measuring stick in his mouth.

33F/70%RH

Hockessin DE. (~1200 feet from the DNREC monitoring station)

My dog is home alone looking out the window wishing some one was home to let him out .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

That's exactly what is falling here. Are the size of the flakes making radar look more ominous than ground truth? 

I'm thinking on northern edge could be some drier air aloft which isn't fully saturating column. Thus, looks good on radar but not good ground truth

3 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

My dog is home alone looking out the window wishing some one was home to let him out .

If I was anywhere near you I’d bring mine over and they could run in the white stuff together 

• Like 1