*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

Lets cancel 1st half of Feb snow obs 2/10-2/12

Snow of varying intensity this am. Big puffballs currently- 3.4"

2_11puff2.JPG

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Birdtown2 said:

Future radar shows south of rt30 there won’t be a lull

That's exactly the way it appears to be setting up. I live 5 miles north of 30 and there's just some flurries according to my wife. I work about 5 miles south of 30 and it's legit -SN. 

2 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

That's exactly the way it appears to be setting up. I live 5 miles north of 30 and there's just some flurries according to my wife. I work about 5 miles south of 30 and it's legit -SN. 

I live about 200 yards from Route 30 in Gap.  On the south side.  I am going to get out of the office now and just drive home, and probably won't come back until Wednesday.  Will be interesting to see how conditions change from West Chester WSW out that way.

Perhaps I will camp out along I-95 along-side PHL airport and measure the snow myself. :)

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, MGorse said:

Perhaps I will camp out along I-95 along-side PHL airport and measure the snow myself. :)

That's what I call dedication!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MGorse said:

I volunteer Tony, he's retired so why not 

• Like 3

Still no PHL?   I already left National Park without taking even a ruler in the grass measurement for comparison...at my brothers in North Brunswick now barely a dusting.

48 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I am just talking off the top of my head and this is how my =/>6" bust can occur.  If you get some sort of stall occurring south of PHL between the ridge trying to nose south and the overrunning that cant advance, there could be a jackpot stripe where they get it from both shots before the warm aloft "wins".  HRRRRRRRRRRRR has an additional 2-3" down there; it's not unfounded given what the radar looks like right now.

Yea, the only thing they are fighting right now is the feb sun angle. So they are going to need some good rates to offset that and marginal temps 

3 minutes ago, NJHurricane said:

Still no PHL?   I already left National Park without taking even a ruler in the grass measurement for comparison...at my brothers in North Brunswick now barely a dusting.

Not too far down the road from you in West Deptford I measured 2.25” around 7am before I left for work. We probably accumulated a few tenths more since then, but not sure. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Yea, the only thing they are fighting right now is the feb sun angle. So they are going to need some good rates to offset that and marginal temps 

There will be more tonight; the bigger cash in tonight should be northwest, at least that is what Chris told me to post.  BTW PHL changed to 2.0" thru 7am.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rainshadow said:

BTW PHL changed to 2.0" thru 7am.

Wooohooo, way to go Mike!!!

1 minute ago, Rainshadow said:

BTW PHL changed to 2.0" thru 7am.

Looking at MD cameras, snow rates really don't seem to be producing liek you would think looking at radar

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

Wooohooo, way to go Mike!!!

Thanks. Yeah I busted out my QC methods. lol

• Like 3

Just now, MGorse said:

Thanks. Yeah I busted out my QC methods. lol

Really surprised at the < 10:1 ratios.  I thought Tom broke into my backyard last night and threw a bunch of snow into my 4" gage.

2 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Really surprised at the < 10:1 ratios.  I thought Tom broke into my backyard last night and threw a bunch of snow into my 4" gage.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Looking at MD cameras, snow rates really don't seem to be producing liek you would think looking at radar

That is "good", I do have an ego and bust enough without trying.

White Clay Creek up to 2.8" on DEOS, highest automated snowfall in DE. Our 2.1" in Mount Laurel had a w/e of .26" .

1 hour ago, MGorse said:

Can we get a pic in action? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SalemCountyNJ said:

I hate being at work on days like this, great photo opportunities are wasted.

This big time. I can't do one of my favorite hobbies. Looking forward to retirement so work doesn't get in the way. :)

• Like 1