*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

Lets cancel 1st half of Feb snow obs 2/10-2/12

2 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

I was surprised at how “wet” the snow was actually. 

I can buy a 8-1 ratio, but 5-1?

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I can buy a 8-1 ratio, but 5-1?

Honestly, I could see it somewhere between there. There was a decent amount of  water content in there. 

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

I don't, look at the nj reports Tony posted. All the stations with around the same qpf as philly were a good .5 higher lol

0.4" since 1:00am???

2 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

0.4" since 1:00am???

lol yes while it was 30, at night.. So .4 on .15 qpf, go philly

8 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

That’s snow in N MD right now correct? Looks like they are getting pounded right now if so...

yup, probably will see some 3-5" amounts there 

yup, probably will see some 3-5" amounts there 

We wasted so much QPF on sleet. It’s been nonstop since midnight 

28 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

lol 1.4 at philly intl at 7am on .25 qpf nothing like a 5-1 ratio

Yup, we know. I thought the amount was on the low side. An upward adjustment will be made. Thanks Tom!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seanvolz98 said:

We wasted so much QPF on sleet. It’s been nonstop since midnight 

Yea baltimore has been riding the sleet line for a while. The northern tier counties like carrol county and cecil through northern baltimore county are on the right side 

1 minute ago, MGorse said:

Yup, we know. I thought the amount was on the low side. An upward adjustment will be made. Thanks Tom!

Are you the one who I'm talking to on twitter?

5 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Are you the one who I'm talking to on twitter?

Yup.

2 minutes ago, MGorse said:

Yup.

I'm sorry for coming off as rude if I did. But that report just seemed odd. I don't want to be that guy who question that report all the time but it seems like in last year or two some of the reports from there have been well, fishy

You guys think that batch over N MD etc will make it east into the city or will it just kind of dissipate until the main front gets here

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

You guys think that batch over N MD etc will make it east into the city or will it just kind of dissipate until the main front gets here

in N md no, it's sliding east not northeast. Better shot with stuff in lancaster co and chester co. You're going to need some decent rates honestly to accumulate much 

1.5 inches final here; no sleet and only a brief dose of rain before it stopped. Sun has been slightly visible at times.

in N md no, it's sliding east not northeast. Better shot with stuff in lancaster co and chester co. You're going to need some decent rates honestly to accumulate much 

Bring that into NC Co Del, and Salem Co NJ  ??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SalemCountyNJ said:

Bring that into NC Co Del, and Salem Co NJ  ??

yea you have a good shot at it

5 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I'm sorry for coming off as rude if I did. But that report just seemed odd. I don't want to be that guy who question that report all the time but it seems like in last year or two some of the reports from there have been well, fishy

Funny as I said to my coworker after that amount was sent (1.4") that I bet someone questions it on social media because it looks on the low side. Getting real good measurements on the PHL airport grounds is rather challenging and we are doing the best we can.

3 minutes ago, MGorse said:

Funny as I said to my coworker after that amount was sent (1.4") that I bet someone questions it on social media because it looks on the low side. Getting real good measurements on the PHL airport grounds is rather challenging and we are doing the best we can.

Yea I understand. Just glad you guys actually look into the reports and fix them if they seem off or not. Or atleast listen to a snow weenie like myself who questions it lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

yea you have a good shot at it

I am just talking off the top of my head and this is how my =/>6" bust can occur.  If you get some sort of stall occurring south of PHL between the ridge trying to nose south and the overrunning that cant advance, there could be a jackpot stripe where they get it from both shots before the warm aloft "wins".  HRRRRRRRRRRRR has an additional 2-3" down there; it's not unfounded given what the radar looks like right now.

Down to -SN as we're starting to ride the line of echos on radar. I thought for a few scans it was going to clear us to the south but it keeps pulsing back north out this way.

Also - more significant returns are showing up over western York and Adams counties so keep an eye on that as it works east. 

Temp is up to 31, nothing accumulating on treated areas any longer. 

2 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Down to -SN as we're starting to ride the line of echos on radar. I thought for a few scans it was going to clear us to the south but it keeps pulsing back north out this way.

Also - more significant returns are showing up over western York and Adams counties so keep an eye on that as it works east. 

Future radar shows south of rt30 there won’t be a lull