*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

Lets cancel 1st half of Feb snow obs 2/10-2/12

East Nantmeal Twp Chester County Pa

1.3" as of 730am

Snowing steadily in NW Chesco

Temp 27.5

Just below .5 at home additional from whe I Cleared board this morning with 1.1 on it 

36C51F24-9405-4715-A0BD-635A787F2951.png

4 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Just below .5 at home additional from whe I Cleared board this morning with 1.1 on it 

Where is little Gigi?

BTW highest DEOS snowfall up to 2" across northern tier of New Castle County.  The automated sensors I believe measure to the nearest 0.4" .

• Like 1

1.7" in Gap. Definitely heading back home at lunchtime before conditions worsen again. 

9 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Where is little Gigi?

BTW highest DEOS snowfall up to 2" across northern tier of New Castle County.  The automated sensors I believe measure to the nearest 0.4" .

He drank to much vino last night... nice, Airport should come in with 2" atleast whenever they release new pns statement. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Where is little Gigi?

I was thinking the same thing. Lil' Gigi has become a staple for measuring snow this year. 

3 minutes ago, cbelke said:

I was thinking the same thing. Lil' Gigi has become a staple for measuring snow this year. 

Lol I need an event where he gets buried alive. First part it would of only been up to his feet

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

He drank to much vino last night... nice, Airport should come in with 2" atleast whenever they release new pns statement. 

I’m sure...haven’t measured but this is the scene in National Park NJ directly across from the airport...no grass sticking through, usually a good guess metric for 2” threshold 

41877A00-0DF2-429D-A7F6-47C10186D8AA.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

Lol I need an event where he gets buried alive. First part it would of only been up to his feet

After he has recovered from his wine hangover, get him out there for tonight.  the snow might make it up to his chin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJHurricane said:

I’m sure...haven’t measured but this is the scene in National Park NJ directly across from the airport...no grass sticking through, usually a good guess metric for 2” threshold 

Yea thats solid 2"+ there. With the qpf they have gotten so far should be easily over 2" unless it's a ratio type 

1 minute ago, cbelke said:

After he has recovered from his wine hangover, get him out there for tonight.  the snow might make it up to his chin. 

Yea I will put him out tonight. Then he will get pelted to death tomorrow morning into early afternoon

• Like 1

Ratios must be helping on the northern fringe here.

1.7” as of 8:30 am. 

3D2E5F17-314B-43BE-9E67-BD5EA61458FF.jpeg

• Like 3

Definitely a bit of an overachiever. Just went out and measured. Right at 3.0". Still coming down at a good clip and radar looks like it'll continue for a good while longer.

• Like 2

At least 1.5" in Blue Bell this morning as of 7:30.  Still snowing--what I would call heavy flurries.  Enough to continue accumulating on cars, driveway, untreated side streets.

Nice snowy am. Round 1 could be the biggest snow of the year here,

2_11830am.jpg

• Like 5

can see the push south on radar starting to occur as HP and drier air from north starting to build in 

47 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

wow you must cut your grass high. I got 1.8 & 8:30. barley any grass shows. Strange Cause I set my blade at 3”😆

5F38D77E-5728-4DB5-91C3-98EDB20F5402.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Birdtown2 said:

wow you must cut your grass high. I got 1.8 & 8:30. barley any grad shows. Strange Cause I set my blade at 3”😆

2.75-3" I cut my grass at 

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

can see the push south on radar starting to occur as HP and drier air from north starting to build in 

I know you love to talk ratios; every CoCoRahs reporting site so far in MontCo < 10:1

6.JPG.9402c79817d6502268f114afc220ea3b.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I know you love to talk ratios; every CoCoRahs reporting site so far in MontCo < 10:1

I believe it. It's not that cold aloft. 

4 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

An icy snow here, so not surprised

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I believe it. It's not that cold aloft. 

I guess the omega avoided the snow growth area too the way lil'Gigi avoided round 1.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I’m surprised actually. Based on the Radar and riding the fringe all night I didn’t think 0.15”+ plus would be in the bucket this far north.

I’ll have to watch full radar loop from overnight.

I guess it was more like “ok” ratios north, bad ratios (aka: wasted qpf) down south at under 10:1. Some of those montCo numbers look off too. Interested to see what Tom’s melts down to.