*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

Lets cancel 1st half of Feb snow obs 2/10-2/12

Very light snow in Towamencin. Light dusting on cars. Nothing on paved surfaces here. 

4 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Over doing dry air probably atleast right now. Be interesting to see how this transpired overnight. Radar upstream looks healthy 

I’d like think once we are in it (snow falling) we’re in it for the night. HRRR does try to have dry air push back in over the next few hours. Hopefully that’s overdone. It took a solid hour to overcome the Virga here. We’ll see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ACwx said:

Some pretty impressive totals so far

FB_IMG_1549928218497.jpg

3 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Wonder where those numbers are coming from? I don't see anything that close on nws pns statement. Highest I see is 4" in Bear DE. 

I know I am late to this party, but no DEOS sensor was over 4" ; actually the highest was 3.3" , so even accounting for some melting & New Castle County Airport measurement of 3.2" ( .07" additional w/e at time of map) that map looks overdone by an inch or two.

Anyway, back home in Mount Laurel & is snowing nicely. Much better looking dendrites than this morning. Temp down to 31F, had that dew point drop just before snow really got started.

• Like 1

Back to rather light snow - 30F

4.0" total, 0.6" for rd2

East Nantmeal Twp as of 1159 pm another 0.5" of snow with 1.0" with round #2  up to 2.6" for the day

Light but steady snow continues as of midnight. Temp 29.5 DP 28.2 

15 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

i guess its still coming

RAD_MOS_NAT_8KM_L2NCR2_ANI (2).gif

RAD_MOS_REG_NE_L2NCR_ANI (3).gif

RAD_MOS_STATE_PA_L2NCR_ANI (4).gif

And the mix with it I fear

Snow is pretty much done from tpk south to the city, ice event now till thermals warm up. NW burbs it won't be long till it's ice, probably when next round of precip comes in it will be brief snow then to ice or maybe just straight ice. 

Cloudy - 30. No additional snow overnight, 4.0"

A thin crust of icing on the snow

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

Snow is pretty much done from tpk south to the city, ice event now till thermals warm up. NW burbs it won't be long till it's ice, probably when next round of precip comes in it will be brief snow then to ice or maybe just straight ice. 

Ice more than sleet? Amounts of ice increasing? 

4 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Ice more than sleet? Amounts of ice increasing? 

sleet/zr. You will be sleet first, then go to zr

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

Filling in

light freezing rain - 30F

1.1" overnight now ZR at 28.4.  Maybe with heavier returns we'll get some snow back

A lot of round 1 melted had the dreaded grass sticking out. Lol. Now covered again so probably a inch or so will get a measurement shortly 

C0B84728-CE11-48C3-9744-2D46C87271A6.jpeg

• Like 1

Just over an inch. Not sure if I got more from round 1 or round 2.

20190212_065218.jpg

20190212_065154.jpg

20190212_065146.jpg

• Like 1

Damn dry air advection won out.

27.9F 

0.8” overnight, now freezing rain and 29.

Sinking Spring, Berks County

A delayed opening for Council Rock schools was announced last night. Just now, schools were closed for the day! Ridiculous, there is barely a dusting of snow, and I can't see the ice being significant; the temperature in Trenton is already 34, and the ENE winds should be advecting those temperatures toward Newtown very soon. The Mt. Holly ice forecast is only 0.01" for Trenton and 0.06" for Doylestown. Closing the schools just makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

30 / 18

Precip last 24 hours: 0.0"

Grass is covered with a mixture of snow - 1" from Sunday night - and sleet - 1" during the day yesterday.  It's been straight ZR since nightfall last night.  Everything is covered with a quarter inch or more of ice. Took a good while to scrape the windshield this morning.

Temp is 31.3 and holding but with latent heat release and the sunrise, I would expect to go above freezing before too long.

Light zr - 30, a fairly dense snowpack to stave off the melt.

2_12firstlight.JPG