*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

Lets cancel 1st half of Feb snow obs 2/10-2/12

Just now, maytownpawx said:

Snow finally picking up a bit but not moderate, temp is 30 and untreated surfaces are coated.

your location being further west helps you here, not nearly as impacted by drier air advecting south. 

23 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

Interesting. CTP just updated Lancaster County to a WSW. 3-4" of snow and up to half an inch of ice. Was not expecting that at all. 

I was a bit surprised we weren't under the warning sooner, but looking strictly at the criteria we might have a difficult time verifying it.

Just now, tombo82685 said:

your location being further west helps you here, not nearly as impacted by drier air advecting south. 

What is your dew? I'm sitting at 30/28 here.

1 minute ago, maytownpawx said:

33/27 77% humidity. dew and humidity has been slowly ticking down

Just now, maytownpawx said:

It's up closer to 925...its not much, but enough to fizzle things out.  Radar returns look decent, but it has to get through enough dry air to eat it up some

download.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Advecting dry air down to the surface?  Or a bit off the deck???..seems like dews near me aren’t much different in areas seeing the steady stuff

Picked-up here in the past 5 min. Only 0.3" in round2 so far.

1 minute ago, NJHurricane said:

Advecting dry air down to the surface?  Or a bit off the deck???..seems like dews near me aren’t much different in areas seeing the steady stuff

advecting dry air in the lower levels, like bottom 5k. The dews and humidity continue to drop up here. further south and west you go more removed from the HP the better you are off. 

here is my weather station, can see the dew drop has started

Untitled37.png

• Like 2

Got 4.7” first round. 2nd round so far is 0.4”

33F/77%RH 

pressure 30.39 

wind: calm 

My dog is sad cause someone slammed his earlier stick measurements 😉 

Hockessin, DE 

I’m in front of this warm fire... with a bourbon in hand watching the Flyers lose 

473E79FA-7672-49DB-B541-1FE809A5538B.jpeg

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, WeatherQ said:

watching the Flyers lose 

Same with this part and i know someone in here is happy about this

• Like 2

32.2/28 light snow in NW Chesco, 0.5" for part II, 1.8" for the day.

Very light sleet/freezing rain in Baltimore very painful watching 10 miles to my north get 3-4” of snow today. In my 3 years here I’ve learned to appreciate how tough it is to get it to snow in a city especially on the I-95 corridor

• Like 1

0Z 3k NAM has busted bad for first couple hours with too much forecast dry air in my opinion over the forecast area...don't know what that will mean for the next 12 hours...

6 minutes ago, Seanvolz98 said:

Very light sleet/freezing rain in Baltimore very painful watching 10 miles to my north get 3-4” of snow today. In my 3 years here I’ve learned to appreciate how tough it is to get it to snow in a city especially on the I-95 corridor

I'll gladly trade my current season for yours 

3 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

I'll gladly trade my current season for yours 

I was back in bucks county visiting family for our only good snowstorm here lol

46 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

well it's draining down dry air in the lower levels thus you're just getting virga. Once it starts to pull away it will moisten up. It's just like presidents day storm and any storm where you have a big high in place, lots of dry air in place. 

I still get cold sweats & shakes thinking about that radar presentation for Lower Bucks during PD II

• Like 1

Things are moistening up here now. Temp drop, with humidity and dews rising towards each other. Legit light snow right now. Hopefully it continues 

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

Things are moistening up here now. Temp drop, with humidity and dews rising towards each other. Legit light snow right now. Hopefully it continues 

Getting close to the best of Round 1.

2_11everd2.JPG

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, anowal01 said:

0Z 3k NAM has busted bad for first couple hours with too much forecast dry air in my opinion over the forecast area...don't know what that will mean for the next 12 hours...

Yeah, it’s completely clueless to what is falling now. Snowing light but steady here with a fresh coating.

inxr1Kphla_h.gif

341E7F05-A473-4072-908D-F88AEB1B4E57.jpeg

Steady snow continues here in NW Chesco in East Nantmeal snow so far this evening now 0.5" pretty dry snow compared to earlier. Snow so far today up to 2.1"

Currently Snow Temp 30.6 / RH 94% / DP 29.1 NE wind at 3 mph

3 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Yeah, it’s completely clueless to what is falling now. Snowing light but steady here with a fresh coating.

inxr1Kphla_h.gif

341E7F05-A473-4072-908D-F88AEB1B4E57.jpeg

Over doing dry air probably atleast right now. Be interesting to see how this transpired overnight. Radar downstream looks healthy 

• Like 1