*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

Lets cancel 1st half of Feb snow obs 2/10-2/12

Winter Storm Warning for Somerset and Hunterdon Co in NJ now as well.  4-6" snow then ice and rain. 

1 minute ago, Birdtown2 said:

Ok I thought it was . 25. They changed the thresholds in someplaces this year mainly Chester County iirc 

I may be wrong, thought it was .1 

5 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

.1+ I believe is warning as well as 6” or more snow 

It is 0.25" of ice for a warning (0.50" of ice basically from Lehigh County north).

Just now, MGorse said:

It is 0.25" of ice for a warning (0.50" of ice basically from Lehigh County north).

Thanks for clarification. 

2 minutes ago, MGorse said:

So I guess the warning is for snow then? 

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

So I guess the warning is for snow then? 

Looks like it by the numbers, but also for the combined impacts of snow, sleet and freezing rain.

• Like 2

Are things still looking like rush hour will be fine? There are light flurries coming down in Center City right now but I am wondering if we could expect it to pickup before 7pm.

Only in an advisory here in NW Chesco but my point and click a bit more aggressive (4" to 8" of snow possible??)
Snow before 3am, then snow and sleet. Low around 27. East wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tuesday
Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 9am, then freezing rain and sleet between 9am and 3pm, then rain and sleet after 3pm. High near 36. East wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Just arrived back in National Park from North Brunswick....light snow, 34....bigger flakes than last night

on my way south...when I left North Brunswick car thermometer was 40f

As we drove through areas that had about an inch left temp varied 36-38...as we reached the 2”+ zone of round one...34/35

3 minutes ago, FatJack07 said:

Are things still looking like rush hour will be fine? There are light flurries coming down in Center City right now but I am wondering if we could expect it to pickup before 7pm.

Yea rush hr is fine 

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

Yea rush hr is fine 

Besides the people who are bad drivers on a sunny day.....they will be worse. 

3 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:
Only in an advisory here in NW Chesco but my point and click a bit more aggressive (4" to 8" of snow possible??) - likely the usual problem of unable to break out NW Chesco from SW Chesco...
Snow before 3am, then snow and sleet. Low around 27. East wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tuesday
Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 9am, then freezing rain and sleet between 9am and 3pm, then rain and sleet after 3pm. High near 36. East wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Technically we would be in the warned area too.   If you draw a straight line from southern tip of Berks to the southern tip of Montco, we're north of that line.     The point & clicks are weird - if you go with E. Nantmeal you see the 3-5 for tomorrow, if you go with Glenmoore it's only 1" tomorrow.

I’d ignore pt and clock forecasts and go with their map when they put it out 

55 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

buying a brand new snow blower is the ultimate kiss of death

I need to move again, I've moved 5 times in my lifetime & the subsequent winters were 1966-67, 1977-78, 1986-87, 1993-94 & 2013-14

I think I’m going to hold off plus with  a move coming I could have less (or more) pavement to deal with. 

I’d rather spend extra cash (if I can only choose one) on a premier weather station over a snowblower at similar costs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Parsley said:

I think I’m going to hold off plus with  a move coming I could have less (or more) pavement to deal with. 

I’d rather spend extra cash (if I can only choose one) on a premier weather station over a snowblower at similar costs. 

I spent 2K on a 30" 3 stage blower 3 years ago and have yet to use it very much.    We had 1 storm that was an 8" sleetfest and last year's

15" slopstorm in March that I was away for and I just had my son plow with my truck.    Should have gotten the premiere station...

• Like 1

Light snow -33

Starting to stick again now that the sun is going down.

Back home now - light but steady snow - starting to stick on the shoveled area of the deck and slush up on the driveway and side walk again. We shall see what this evening and tonight brings. Awesome wintry day today though. 

• Like 1