*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
SalemCountyNJ

Phillies and 76ers are getting busy

On 2/7/2019 at 9:00 PM, Baseball0618 said:

Even being in the lottery every year doesn’t guarantee you success.  (Okafor, Fultz).   

LOL, doesn't guarantee success when draft Fultz over Jayson Tatum

if hanging onto Butler means moving Ben Simmons I'd do that in a second, Simmons is the most overrated player in the NBA

19 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

LOL, doesn't guarantee success when draft Fultz over Jayson Tatum

if hanging onto Butler means moving Ben Simmons I'd do that in a second, Simmons is the most overrated player in the NBA

I respectfully disagree 

Ben Simmons is rounding into playoff form, 9 turnovers against Denver & today he torched a Lakers team they didn't play a lick of defense going 3-13 from the field.

LOL - he was minus until the Lakers quit in the 4Q.

Weak link on a very solid team after the recent additions.

When I was a kid i watched every Sixers game like gospel.....with life and work I now seem to only really focus on the 2 biggest/major sports football and baseball - very pumped about the Pfightin Phils off season so far....and keeping fingers crossed for last big move to seal the deal!! Go Phils!!!

1 hour ago, colonel_kurtz said:

Ben Simmons is rounding into playoff form, 9 turnovers against Denver & today he torched a Lakers team they didn't play a lick of defense going 3-13 from the field.

LOL - he was minus until the Lakers quit in the 4Q.

Weak link on a very solid team after the recent additions.

Wow....can’t believe people actually think this. Simmons had a bad game, but he played tremendous defense, actually attempted a legit 3 for like the first time in career, and tried to take some mid range as...weak link? You must not follow b-ball that closely if you think Ben Simmons is our weak link.

Also, seen some talk about how he missed the shots today, but if he doesn’t take them they blast him for not taking them, so which one is it? 

Ben brings so many intangibles to the 76ers to say he’s our weak spot is a joke.

Hes in his second year as a player.

Tobias Harris rode the bench his first year and didn’t develop into a legit star until recently. 

Jimmy Butler averaged 13ppg in his 3rd season playing 38mpg. 

Ben Simmons is averaging 17 9 & 8 in his second season 

he’d be a damn junior in college if he stayed at school. His FT% is up slightly this season, and over last bunch of games he’s been shooting it really well. He’s able to do all of this without a freaking jumper. The fact that he shot a bunch today shows how much he is working on it.

i swear, this town can have some ungrateful fans....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Wow....can’t believe people actually think this. Simmons had a bad game, but he played tremendous defense, actually attempted a legit 3 for like the first time in career, and tried to take some mid range as...weak link? You must not follow b-ball that closely if you think Ben Simmons is our weak link.

Also, seen some talk about how he missed the shots today, but if he doesn’t take them they blast him for not taking them, so which one is it? 

Ben brings so many intangibles to the 76ers to say he’s our weak spot is a joke.

Tobias Harris rode the bench his first year and didn’t develop into a legit star until recently. 

he’d be a damn junior in college if he stayed at school. His FT% is up slightly this season, and over last bunch of games he’s been shooting it really well. He’s able to do all of this without a freaking jumper. The fact that he shot a bunch today shows how much he is working on it.

Agree 100%!  I mean the guy clearly has a hole in his game with regard to his jump shot, but his skill set is through the roof. Watch the golden state game from last week, that’s all anyone needs to see.  

13 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Great post. I'm a big Ben fan, and while the last two games he hasn't been his normal self, he still brings a lot to the table.

The first step is taking more shots, which he has started to do recently. The second step is hitting them, which I think we'll see more of as we approach the playoffs.

He's also the 5th option in scoring now, with our new starting five. We're just that good lol.

The one thing about Simmons that would worry me is him falling into that Khardashian drama nonsense.

• Like 1

Major game tomorrow night against the Celtics. Are we ready to take on the Warriors? May be not as good but younger..

1 hour ago, SalemCountyNJ said:

Flyers vs Penguins tonight. Always entertaining.

I'm a Pens fan... A month ago I was feeling really good and I'm sure Flyers fans were not. Who would have thought this game would be so huge at that time? 

1 hour ago, Harbourton said:

Major game tomorrow night against the Celtics. Are we ready to take on the Warriors? May be not as good but younger..

Reminds me of the good old days when the celtics (and lakers) games were huge

12 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

I'm a Pens fan... A month ago I was feeling really good and I'm sure Flyers fans were not. Who would have thought this game would be so huge at that time? 

The Flyers goalie had a terrible game.  The Pens still look like a dangerous team...

12 hours ago, Chubbs said:

Reminds me of the good old days when the celtics (and lakers) games were huge

I remember it well, Doc, Bobby Jones, Andrew Toney, Maurice Cheeks, Moses Malone, even Doug Collins and George McGinnis and Darryl Dawkins.  Good times watching that team..

• Like 1

I don't think Bryce Harper wants to come to Philly from what I am hearing. Manny Machado with his foibles is the better choice, better numbers last year.

Tough loss last night,  reminded me of russell vs chamberlain on the transister radio or doc vs bird.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Harbourton said:

Machado is gone. If the Phillies don't get Harper the "stupid money" quote was just a sales pitch to get people to buy tickets.

Well it hasn't worked so far. Press conference last week they are only $100k ahead in sales then they were this time last year.

Unless Harper hates Philadelphia and takes less money to play somewhere else, I cant see how they don't get him. They can out bid the everyone else. If we don't get Harper, yes the stupid money comment will looks real bad, and the off season wont be incredible success. They still improved the outfield, shortstop, bullpen and got the best catcher in the league. Like I said though, still think they get Harper.

9 minutes ago, NEchestercountydude said:

Unless Harper hates Philadelphia and takes less money to play somewhere else, I cant see how they don't get him. They can out bid the everyone else. If we don't get Harper, yes the stupid money comment will looks real bad, and the off season wont be incredible success. They still improved the outfield, shortstop, bullpen and got the best catcher in the league. Like I said though, still think they get Harper.

I hope you are right - but if they don't get him it will not be the Phillies fault. They will no doubt throw him the most money - I have a nagging feeling the Nats will jump back in at the last minute and beat the best Phils offer - either way it has been one of the best off seasons I think the Phillies have ever had - Go Phils!!