*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

susqushawn

The Everything Is On The Table Martin Luther King Jr Weekend Event

Just now, Birdtown2 said:

My holly says they are examining the 12z models and will update this afternoon 

yup, then adjust accordingly 

According to MT.Holly for my area, there will be no change over to rain. 2-4 inches, less than .01 ice. As stated above they are going over models and will update later on. Winter Storm Watch seems warranted if there analysis holds up. 

Screenshot_20190118-112651_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

44 pages for a rainstorm.  Looking forward to seeing the traffic cams on I-80

Haha, I said it yesterday 36 pages for a coating-2" Thats why I said last weekend the worst thing that can happen is when a model shows an epic snow hit at day 9 and then people just lock it in and see potential for that going forward. day 9 snowstorms usually do not verify for the same area. Most of our snow events pop up inside 7 or 5 days

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SouthJerseyJeff said:

Now that's funny! 

Thats the life of a snow weenie, a lot of heartache sometimes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phillysports11 said:

According to MT.Holly for my area, there will be no change over to rain. 2-4 inches, less than .01 ice. As stated above they are going over models and will update later on. Winter Storm Watch seems warranted if there analysis holds up. 

That will probably change at 4pm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

Haha, I said it yesterday 36 pages for a coating-2" Thats why I said last weekend the worst thing that can happen is when a model shows an epic snow hit at day 9 and then people just lock it in and see potential for that going forward. day 9 snowstorms usually do not verify for the same area.

Tom hasn't slept since the threads were started. 🤪

• Like 1

Just now, cbelke said:

Tom hasn't slept since the threads have were started. 🤪

I slept very well with this one. I was always against this system. At one point I was leaning against the amped up tracks due to pacific look but that changed. You can look back 9 days ago. There were more things against it then for it in my eyes.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I slept very well with this one. I was always against this system. At one point I was leaning against the amped up tracks due to pacific look but that changed. You can look back 9 days ago. There were more things against it then for it in my eyes.

There is still a lot of things against it, but the outcomes are narrowing. 

7 minutes ago, phillysports11 said:

Thinking it will change to a Watch or the totals will be downgraded?

won't go to a watch. IMO i would lower totals

• Like 1

Thanks guys for keeping all the updates going. Looks like Northern De is gonna be a monsoon. Oh well. Thanks again for all the helpful info. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeb said:

Thanks guys for keeping all the updates going. Looks like Northern De is gonna be a monsoon. Oh well. Thanks again for all the helpful info. 

a lot of places will be as well

Wonder if they issue flood watches. With frozen ground going to be a lot of run off into streams and rivers

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Haha, I said it yesterday 36 pages for a coating-2" Thats why I said last weekend the worst thing that can happen is when a model shows an epic snow hit at day 9 and then people just lock it in and see potential for that going forward. day 9 snowstorms usually do not verify for the same area. Most of our snow events pop up inside 7 or 5 days

Yeah WTH put up that Euro Monday that had berks 18-24 jack pot ?🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Read the daily NWS forecast for this weekend is like reading a tennis match. Snow, then rain, then snow, then rain, then snow.

• Like 1

St college wS warning 

Lancaster Adams & York  and all the counties in their cwa 

CF31C20D-7D06-438E-B54C-F54861C2C07A.png

1 hour ago, CyphaPSU said:

Read the daily NWS forecast for this weekend is like reading a tennis match. Snow, then rain, then snow, then rain, then snow.

Haha I like your way of thinking! I play adult tennis in USTA leagues around the Philly region all year round, and one of our tennis teams has a match indoors tomorrow afternoon in Media, PA from 4 PM to 6 PM. I'm curious if we'll get it in tomorrow or will need to re-schedule. Haha!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

euro snow map

I liked these better when last night was included. A whopping  - 0.1" here 😪

Just now, Chubbs said:

I liked these better when last night was included. A whopping  - 0.1" here 😪

Interested in some Gap snow tourism?

• Like 1

Just now, mshaffer526 said:

Interested in some Gap snow tourism?

haha - at least I won't have to worry about bad road conditions on the way home.

My hometown station put out what seems like an aggressive snow map.  There's no way Pittsburgh gets a foot out of this, right?  That warm nose is going to poke in more than that map suggests.  I don't think there's any way the southern tier of PA sniffs 6".

50107964_10156092640542742_4893201973421

3 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

My hometown station put out what seems like an aggressive snow map.  There's no way Pittsburgh gets a foot out of this, right?  That warm nose is going to poke in more than that map suggests.  I don't think there's any way the southern tier of PA sniffs 6".

Granted haven't looked to closely at Pitt but it's close there. I'd probably go 6-12