*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

susqushawn

Weekend (Rules?) Of 1/12-13 First Snow Threat Of 2019

Just now, Heisenberg said:

Uh oh Tommy boy....didn’t you lower your ban level to 6”?

yup, not worried though.

Yep GFS a nice bump N with precip totals...I’m in NE Philly so wouldn’t be shocked if I get 1.5” or so while center city gets 3 or even 4...its going to be that type of event IMO

6 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

.3 on the gefs now into phl intl, creeping north

gefs_qpf_mean_neng_11.png

Over 6" to the North?! 😉

Sorry buddy. Threw you under the bus on Twitter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phillysports11 said:

Tom you are the man!

Tom can't see this post. He's banned himself already because he knows in his heart what's coming.

• Like 2

Don't really need to much more of a nudge north to get S Philly into 4-6 inch range with higher ratios. Im in far NE philly right on the border of bucks co. so anything over an inch here and I'll be happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MattMal88 said:

Don't really need to much more of a nudge north to get S Philly into 4-6 inch range with higher ratios. Im in far NE philly right on the border of bucks co. so anything over an inch here and I'll be happy.

I am in Washington Crossing, I feel your pain! An inch would be perfect. 

Looking at radars, it looks like its pushing a bit further North.  Dry air may negate any increase in snow up this way. 

1 minute ago, cbelke said:

Looking at radars, it looks like its pushing a bit further North.  Dry air may negate any increase in snow up this way. 

there will be lots of virga your way and northeast. Still hasn't started here at work. You may grab an inch

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

there will be lots of virga your way and northeast. Still hasn't started here at work. You may grab an inch

Yup, radar motion in the Charleston, VA area seems to be pushing NE, but that motion will slow and the moisture torn apart.  I agree. Virga will be the winner up here. 

Flakes in northern delco started about 20 min ago, 29.8/18.3dp. Expecting about 3”, although I do think an above avg chance of overperformance as all model trends have been N today and have not come to a halt

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Lol sref means

Don’t leave us hangin’...

lol srefs have over 1" mean at phl qpf. While the arw's are the wet ones carrying the weight the NMB's are still darn wet too. Only 3 of them less than .4 qpf out of all the srefs.  I'll sell on that but fun to look at

• Like 1