Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

12/5 Norlun Trof Obs

Still find it hard to believe philly traced when there was visible accumulation on i95 shoulder

8 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

We had a closed upper low that passed across the area and its reflection was all the way down to at least 700mb.  This formed a trof and a narrow convergence zone at the surface.  Being cold aloft and water temps relatively warm, it was easier to lift the (more unstable than it would be in February) air upward and then move it west with the flow aloft.

Overall the models did pretty good with this, they were keying on either Atlantic or Ocean Counties all along.  This is one feature that the Canadian model (which has done poorly with everything else so far this cold season) does well.

Thanks. Didn't really key in on the closed upper low.

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Still find it hard to believe philly traced when there was visible accumulation on i95 shoulder

no way 0.03" all melted on contact in that cold yesterday, they had 25 for low & it never got above freezing until after it stopped snowing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

no way 0.03" all melted on contact in that cold yesterday, they had 25 for low & it never got above freezing until after it stopped snowing

Exactly

4 hours ago, Chubbs said:

norlun.jpg

Congrats southern NJ but that is one of the saddest looking snow maps I’ve ever seen. Better than 0.00 region wide I guess. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

The PHL snowfall for 12/5 was adjusted upward to 0.3 inches late yesterday morning.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MGorse said:

The PHL snowfall for 12/5 was adjusted upward to 0.3 inches late yesterday morning.

That does make sense Mike, the shoulder I95 pics near the airport didnt look like a shut out.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Parsley said:

Congrats southern NJ but that is one of the saddest looking snow maps I’ve ever seen. Better than 0.00 region wide I guess. 

Quite the good job of the 3km nam with where.

4 hours ago, MGorse said:

Thanks for the update

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Tom, look at some of those ratios.2.JPG.55fcf0f5e8b5f50a1901122438912550.JPG

Zaaammmm. High octane type ratios 

• Like 1