Qtown Snow

December 9th-10th Winter Storm Threat

7 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

And who should not start the next thread. ;)

Probably me since I went out and looked at the Accuweather 90 day forecast!! LMAO!!   Jan. 3rd, 2019 and Feb. 10th, 2019 look like snow. Then its break out the lawn mowers in March!!!  

weather wheel.jpg

4 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

He and Mitchbwi may be the only ones to see flakes.😂

I'm going to ask my son to empty out a box of Hungry Jack potato flakes from my roof in order to stop the tears from running down my face.

Definitely came north this run. Confluence retreats quicker and 250mb winds back with a more northerly component. Too little, too late......tbd

31 minutes ago, Mitchnick said:

Definitely came north this run. Confluence retreats quicker and 250mb winds back with a more northerly component. Too little, too late......tbd

You have a shot at something. Storm could edge north or expand some.

30 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

You have a shot at something. Storm could edge north or expand some.

Yea Mitch def has a shot and @Debeaches  us up here very slim chance 

On 10/21/2018 at 9:11 AM, Qtown Snow said:

Hi I am Andy.  I deserve some award for recognizing this threat existed on October 21st.  ;)

Nice. Why do I have a feeling a rain with shadow has something to do with this? :)

3 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

Nice. Why do I have a feeling a rain with shadow has something to do with this? :)

Who me?🏑

I think it was one of the other members....:dancing-smiley04:

artist2014_kane_kaleo.jpgz.jpgx.jpg.207ef996c88a1a0a8facf6eb7996dad7.jpg

I'm so over this storm, wish it would just get the flip over with and get out lol

9 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Who me?🏑

I think it was one of the other members....:dancing-smiley04:

But Tom would never. I lost my mod access to check edits so rain is my pick until further notice :)

May the hula's be with us.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I'm so over this storm, wish it would just get the flip over with and get out lol

And news outlets will be flooded with snow footage / pics

Our next threat will be right before Christmas. Love the look after our brief relaxation. And more threats will follow. This storm can kiss my you know what. Better times are coming. The Bus is coming for you 

Guess the 12z runs didn't offer any dramatic reversals since there's nary a post about them, huh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greg ralls said:

Guess the 12z runs didn't offer any dramatic reversals since there's nary a post about them, huh?

nope, wagons have been parked south for a while now

34 minutes ago, phillysports11 said:

This clown NYC weather alerts saying look at this shift to the north happening... Idk what he is on but I need some of that,ha

Yea I don't see any north shifting that would raise any eyebrows for these parts

• Like 1

A bit of a northward creep has occurred. Even last night's Euro/UKMET edged northward with their precip.  I don't know if it is win the battle (get pcpn into Mt Holly CWA, which might be or mixed with rain), but lose the war.  I am curious as to how well the FV3 does with this because it has been pretty north with its precip shield all along.

index.gif

index.gif2.gif

index.gif3.gif

4 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

A bit of a northward creep has occurred. Even last night's Euro/UKMET edged northward with their precip.  I don't know if it is win the battle (get pcpn into Mt Holly CWA, which might be or mixed with rain), but lose the war.  I am curious as to how well the FV3 does with this because it has been pretty north with its precip shield all along.

Looks like Delaware and Cape May will be the winners.

56 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

We didn't keep this close enough for the last minute creep north. But at least we may avoid the heaviest virga.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

We didn't keep this close enough for the last minute creep north. But at least we may avoid the heaviest virga.

I still have leaves to rake. If the ground gets frozen enough, I may be able to remove some of them tomorrow.

• Like 1