Rainshadow

CAT IV Michael Heading For Florida & Beyond (More Rain For Us?)

Good storm for the gfs, speed a big reason I'm guessing.

mae.png

14 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

That was definitely not an airborne 2 x 4 that he just happened to notice flying at him at 100 mph.  There is no doubt in my mind some production guy threw that from behind camera.  It's clear that the camera was underneath some sort of overhang or under covert of a building so assuming Cantore is looking towards them (at the building) there is no way a piece of wood would be able to come at that trajectory from in front of him

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

One doesn't know how much this is legit, but just saw a post that 50% of Panama City did not evacuate and EMS, etc can no longer respond.

If true this is very sad. I hope that folk in Panama City and nearby Mexico Beach did evacuate.

This, however, was not shenanigans.  It's not wise, either.  But, it did give us one of the best videos I have ever seen in the eye of a hurricane (toward the end). Scary looking stuff as the backside of the eyewall approaches.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Baseball0618 said:

That was definitely not an airborne 2 x 4 that he just happened to notice flying at him at 100 mph.  There is no doubt in my mind some production guy threw that from behind camera.  It's clear that the camera was underneath some sort of overhang or under covert of a building so assuming Cantore is looking towards them (at the building) there is no way a piece of wood would be able to come at that trajectory from in front of him

It would be sad.  Michael was destructive enough without having to create a fictitious oh wow moment.

Let's see if this works, I went to the Bay County Florida Emergency Management Services Facebook Page, and saw their recent update at about 9:30 AM EDT. I was trying to share the embed code to the post I read and was not surprised that I was not successful. I hope that this direct link works

1 hour ago, CyphaPSU said:

This, however, was not shenanigans.  It's not wise, either.  But, it did give us one of the best videos I have ever seen in the eye of a hurricane (toward the end). Scary looking stuff as the backside of the eyewall approaches.

WOW....this is stunning.  Thank you for sharing.   The shot of the back end of the eyewall approaching his vehicle from behind is chilling.

• Like 2

They will definitely revise Micheal to a Cat 5 in the future, similar to how they did so for Andrew.

Amazing the difference between Florence and Michael in terms of intensity trend toward landfall.  Pictures of Mexico City remind me of the tour the NHC gave us of Homestead the year after Andrew struck, it was as if a bomb went off in every home for miles on end.  Absolute and total destruction.   :(:(:(

There must be a whole lot of people missing if the reports were true that only half of the residents of Mexico Beach evacuated. From the drone footage, it looked like wide swaths had 90% of the structures just scoured away. While I'm still fascinated by extreme weather, the zeal with which I tracked hurricanes has been really affected by this.  So sad for those poor people.

• Like 1

We just got back from Williamsburg VA and even there Michael damage occurred.  Granted there was no swath,  but some isolated big trees came down & one of the courses we were suppose to play on was closed because of tree damage.  Thankfully the trees looked like they missed the houses on the course we were playing. Talking to some of the people from the area, the commented on a few tornadoes that touched down in the area.

Capture.JPG.1881e20032a9636fced82cb24dd1eb7e.JPG