*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Temps/Obs/Boring Weather Discussion

9 hours ago, eastonwx said:

@mshaffer526 I would love to spend an entire winter in that area tbh. Preferably in a remote cabin. Just some innate urge that I have. 

agreed

• Like 2

still solidly snow covered up here. 8 days in a row with consistent snow cover. Impressive for Smarch

• Like 4

Yup, snow cover hung on today. Will probably be gone tomorrow save for the shovel piles. 

We have been on an air quality alert out here the last two days. Isn't that more uncommon this time of year? 

Will we be able to salvage enough of tomorrow for a decent afternoon? Hoping to get out for a run

On 3/7/2019 at 7:12 AM, Rainshadow said:

Meanwhile in Florida yesterday:

u.JPG.5d640d0384a6ea20deab41a83c01200f.JPG

Awww . . 

40F for a high so far. Dreary, cloudy, misty, boring day.

19 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

Yup, snow cover hung on today. Will probably be gone tomorrow save for the shovel piles. 

We have been on an air quality alert out here the last two days. Isn't that more uncommon this time of year? 

Mixing is not that good today. Yesterday kind of surprising, then again I guess there wasn't much wind either.

• Like 1

Winter won today. Not surprised, most models were too aggressive with the warm air getting up here in the land of fog and snowpack. 

43 for the high today at this point

42 currently with fog rolling in

0.85" in the bucket 

2.07" for the month

Snow pack fought back hard today here in East Nantmeal Township in NW Chester County PA as temps never escaped the mid-40's and plenty of fog all day - high today was 45.0. Snow is gone on the slopes of my property but hanging solid with still 3" across most of my backyard on level surfaces. Should be gone tomorrow but a solid 10 straight days of snow cover so far here in March and of course temps averaging a whopping 6.2 degrees below normal through the 1st 10 days of the month.

Backyard.20190310_174942.jpg

• Like 2

Evening search for woodcocks and wood frogs at Fair Hill was a failure. Soon.

3_10eve.JPG

• Like 8

Currently up in Lake Placid. It’s 27° and snowing, expecting 2-4” tonight 👍🏼❄️ Tmrw Mrs WMW is going hiking, I’m hiking to the UBU brewery 🍺 😁

• Like 4

10 hours ago, White_Mtn_Wx said:

Currently up in Lake Placid. It’s 27° and snowing, expecting 2-4” tonight 👍🏼❄️ Tmrw Mrs WMW is going hiking, I’m hiking to the UBU brewery 🍺 😁

52541115-B24E-4913-AF04-BA26033979E5.jpeg

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

Dude!!  Amazing photos!  Lake Placid is on my bucket list.

Thanks. Come mid to late winter. It’s a winter wonderland, hiking, skiing, cool town, shops, sports stuff, restaurants and the brewery. We could live here. 

Meanwhile in caribou a 4’ snow depth right now 

• Like 2

20F this morning. Still feels like winter.

6 hours ago, cbelke said:

20F this morning. Still feels like winter.

Until about 10 AM.  That sun angle feels glorious.  I'm sure I will hate it by early June.

• Like 2