Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

The Lost Weekend Of 8/11-8/13

The non-stop precip brigade of the GFS aside, stalled fronts in the vicinity plus convective instability, this is another "wonderful" scenario for any outdoor plans.  This time it does not favor west vs east. Maybe north vs south, but it all depends on where these stalled fronts are located.

p120i.gif.09d9d4faf0add1d9d2aa098db4ce899c.gif

99fndfd_init_2018080900.gif.b45bdae1a4ecf9c33e84da04ff03b20b.gif

9jhwbgloop.gif.4534c9d8519f59f7db7b555d122ab856.gif9khwbgloop.gif.fce9cc9d838dedf1a24974551618e3e3.gif

9lhwbgloop.gif

34 minutes ago, NEchestercountydude said:

I have everything in raised beds and planters, so my vegetables and flowers have been loving this weather. My sump-pump has been getting quite the workout though.

I have raised beds too. I learned that the hard way our first summer down here in 1994.

saturday looks like the scattered slow moving storms type day. Sunday morning looks like a more stratiform type rain as a weak area of low pressure moves our way.

11 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Through the weekend:

d13_fill.gif.6194a2937af1a5d9a772880974e9f341.gif

Through Early Tuesday Evening:

p120i.gif.b321cf9bc9218850b0072b96509be4ca.gif

Great, just what we needed, more rain. It hasn't rained here at least 2 days, almost drought like conditions here...:crazy:  I'm only cutting the lawn 3 times a week now and I just took off the rice paddy tires too.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Great, just what we needed, more rain. It hasn't rained here at least 2 days, almost drought like conditions here...:crazy:  I'm only cutting the lawn 3 times a week now and I just took off the rice paddy tires too.

We have had 0.92" the past week and our front grass underneath the trees is starting to look stressed/dormant again.

31 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

We have had 0.92" the past week and our front grass underneath the trees is starting to look stressed/dormant again.

I have multiple types of fungus growing in the grass and on the mulch. Not mention the mushroom garden I have in the backyard too.  I'll probably have to spray for the fungus after this next batch of rain hits.

Feast or famine. Too wet or too dry.

What's the timing for the rain today?  Late evening?

1 hour ago, cbelke said:

What's the timing for the rain today?  Late evening?

TTidbits site is messed up. Adjusting the bias for the Good For Soaking (weekdays and weekends equally and often) I'd say late in the evening.  Reading the tea leaes from WPC this almost looks like dissipating precip as it enters our area tonight.

• Like 1

Just heard thunder here in Newtown so checked radar. Unfortunately I can’t post the image or video. Looks like a boundary is moving east to west, is it an OFB, sea breeze front, or combination of the two? Looks like these storms to my east near TTN were triggered by the boundary, although they are behind the boundary, wouldn’t they normally be ahead of it? Interesting radar loop, wish I could share it. Storms have a westerly component to their movement so hopefully will make it here.

Sorry, probably should have put the above post in OBS, picked the wrong thread on my phone... Reposted in the OBS thread but couldn’t delete this.