Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Another Weekend (6/9 - 6/10), It Must Mean Rain

eps mean, shift south from 0z run. Still some timing differences but man focus on them appears to be sunday

2 hours ago, cbelke said:

It's getting a bit dry here and I don't feel like watering the plants. Let it rain.

.1-.25 would be nice just so I wouldn't have to drag a hose around on Sunday morning at the course. Don't want an all day rain. Ideally, overnight Saturday rain would be great. 

• Like 1

Still a ton of difference. GFS and nam have nothing like the euro. The euro and ukmet are pretty close together. 18Z ICON had it in sne later Sunday. 12Z GGEM was close to the euro, but 18z ggem looks like the gfs. 

34 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

.1-.25 would be nice just so I wouldn't have to drag a hose around on Sunday morning at the course. Don't want an all day rain. Ideally, overnight Saturday rain would be great. 

Exactly.

The south slide and later timing continues on the euro. Chris depression setting in while parsley rejoicing 

CABD8D1D-265A-4936-A918-CD1102A3998A.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

The south slide and later timing continues on the euro. Chris depression setting in while parsley rejoicing 

CABD8D1D-265A-4936-A918-CD1102A3998A.png

Euro is pretty bullish on the amount of precip falling compared to the EPS.

3 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

EPS sliding south too

eps_qpf_m_neng_16.png

The thing that struck me odd is to have a massive MCS and have the rain field so north.  Can't really have both ways with a more unstable air mass farther to the south.  It is like having an open bar and expecting everyone to stay in the boos free Philly room instead of going into the DC room where the liquor is flowing. 

That being said Saturday is looking better while Sunday or maybe Sunday night/Monday instead in the tank.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

The thing that struck me odd is to have a massive MCS and have the rain field so north.  Can't really have both ways with a more unstable air mass farther to the south.  It is like having an open bar and expecting everyone to stay in the boos free Philly room instead of going into the DC room where the liquor is flowing. 

That being said Saturday is looking better while Sunday or maybe Sunday night/Monday instead in the tank.

I was kind of thinking of it like a clipper where you get stratiform rain to the north of the low while best instability is south. 

Keep on moving south.  We might end up with a decent weekend out of this.

Now the ggem goes back to Parsley depression, Chris rejoicing with a soaker Sunday

Ukmet jumps on the Chris rain train for Sunday now too.

9 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Ukmet jumps on the Chris rain train for Sunday now too.

You enjoy tormenting us? ;)

Just now, cbelke said:

You enjoy tormenting us? ;)

I enjoy the modeling waffling back and forth. It's either Parsley in depression or you with no rain. Someone's gonna lose. If we can get some wind Sunday, maybe another epic Gigi meltdown too

• Like 2

Euro back to Saturday night rains. 

10F1A830-0CB1-4C7C-8EB3-63978812619B.png

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

I enjoy the modeling waffling back and forth. It's either Parsley in depression or you with no rain. Someone's gonna lose. If we can get some wind Sunday, maybe another epic Gigi meltdown too

Eh, yard will be mowed by the time any rain arrives. Sucks wasting part of the weekend with rain but it is what it is. 

As long as it isn’t a deluge. 

14 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Eh, yard will be mowed by the time any rain arrives. Sucks wasting part of the weekend with rain but it is what it is. 

As long as it isn’t a deluge. 

If you get the euro solution nothing is wasted. Falls mainly while you’re asleep

I'm in favor of rain while I'm asleep! I've only had to water our spring flowers once since they were planted - and that one time was right after they were planted in early May.

32 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

So does my 9am tee time Monday at hickory valley now look wet?

Looking at the models, you should have waffles for breakfast. The farther north, the drier the potential. I am staring at Rutgers tee sheet.

5 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Tough to beat last Sunday. 

9 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

I was kind of thinking of it like a clipper where you get stratiform rain to the north of the low while best instability is south. 

Yeah, those Euro solutions though were anything but stratiform. The Euro has had some head scratchers beyond 84hrs this year.