Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

May 14-19 Neverevereverever Ending Rain OBS & Pcpn Totals

Glad I have very little veggies or annuals in the ground yet. Most in pots taking refuge under the back porch for now. Tomato and basil plants will have to swim it out in the ground. 

Def seeing a southward sag in modeling with heaviest qpf totals. While still heavy think this is more a 1-2” event fri-sat instead of 2-4. 

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Def sewing a southward sag in modeling with heaviest qpf totals. While still heavy think this is more a 1-2” event fri-sat instead of 2-4. 

I’m also talking from city north. Think city south still gets hit hard with warm front lifting north tomorrow morning as it meets resistance from High to the north. 

Recently discovered my collection device has a small leak, so no reports from here except for a great sogginess everywhere.
Also, I swear the first SOB that mention "drought" in the next 60 days will have to answer for it. This should be enough water for anybody.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CameronCat said:

Recently discovered my collection device has a small leak, so no reports from here except for a great sogginess everywhere.
Also, I swear the first SOB that mention "drought" in the next 60 days will have to answer for it. This should be enough water for anybody.

DROUGHT!!!!!

Tom yelled Drought! It's Coming.....

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

DROUGHT!!!!!

1.34" so far today here in East Nantmeal PA with 3.99" over the past 6 days - WXSIM shows another 2.50" by early Monday morning - our local farmers are mighty happy. Especially after so many of them told me they never saw a slower start to growing season in this area than this year

3.74" for me since the siege began, also in East Nantmeal.    I know for me I can't get anywhere near the gardens and won't for quite a while.

Man sized high draining dry air kept the previously expected Friday deluge at bay.  My golf outing today, cancelled 3 days ago, maybe could have been played?  Reminds me of nor'easters with the sharp northern cutoff.  Quite a drying trend on modeling, as others have previously noted.  Tree slug killing dry air.

gfs_Td2m_neus_fh0-24.gif

gfs_midRH_neus_fh-18-24 (1).gif

gfs_apcpn_neus_fh24_trend.gif

Yup, shouldn't be that bad of a day north of town. Tomorrow probably has more rain than today. South of town gonna enjoy all the rain today

34 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Yup, shouldn't be that bad of a day north of town. Tomorrow probably has more rain than today. South of town gonna enjoy all the rain today

You mean I might get a chance to mow my lawn?!

light rain - 0nly 0.21 in past 24  hours, 4.72" total

As others have noted, and by me glancing at the radar, it does seem the moisture is staying south. 

No rain here. Looks like Big Diamond up by Minersville may actually get to run tonight, but weather may keep the car count low. 

Of course the real reason there's no rain here today is because I actually remembered to bring my umbrella in to work with me from my car.

20 hours ago, CameronCat said:

The thing is, this time of year, all you need is a week of low dew points and low humidity with some wind and the soil can dry out very fast. Seen it many of times where we got from 2" of rain and then I'm watering greens by end of week. 

• Like 1

The way the wind is blowing up here, it should dry out so I can mow this afternoon, before the next onslaught of rain tonight and tomorrow. Woo Hoo!!!  

Getting colder too. 59F and gusty 15 - 20 mph winds.

Low level dry air ftw.  Nice day.  Once the high gets offshore whatever is left of the floodgates will open.

CODNEXLAB-1km-NJ_Penn-vis-ani24-201805181657-100-100-raw.gif

CODNEXLAB-regional-northeast-wv-ani24-201805181702-100-100-raw.gif

• Like 1

Strength of the high pressure to the northwas significantly under modeled Heavy rain originally forecasted for today was wiped out.

2 hours ago, Harbourton said:

Strength of the high pressure to the northwas significantly under modeled Heavy rain originally forecasted for today was wiped out.

Indeed. I've been having some outdoor work done on the house, and the crew worked through the rainy days. This afternoon one of them observed that today, the day with the worst forecast, turned out to be the best work day since Monday. They kicked some serious butt today.

I'll gladly take a 43 DP with 57 degrees and light rain.    Better than what's coming the next few months...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iceman56 said:

I'll gladly take a 43 DP with 57 degrees and light rain.    Better than what's coming the next few months...

I’d have no problem if this continued until October.

Light rain

0.47 in past 24-hours, 5.19 total

Enough of a break ytday to mow the lawn. Wet in spots but avoided the hayfield look

.28" overnight. 

I had a mowing party yesterday afternoon. Neighbors were all out at the same time. Got the lawn mowed and ony left a couple of wet tracks.

Worcester, PA -    5.32 inches from last Saturday to 9:30 AM today.  Includes .79 today. More coming plus next weekend unfortunately looks wet.