Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

The Charlie/Tony/Al # Of 90 Degree Day Outlook For This Season/Now Featuring The First Freeze Outlook (Banter)

Recommended Posts

After today(?), the outlooked number is 25 additional days.  This is based on a combined score on the closing hole at Deerwood of 10 (par 4).  We did not use the successful Tombo model because we are not that swift.  Speaking of swift, those were not easy two putts and my putting today was as scintillating as the GFS is at discerning a dry three hour period in a wet pattern.

There may be a Tombo model update in June.

We didn't even bother with an East Nantmeal outlook, the number is zero.  ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

After today(?), the outlooked number is 25 additional days.  This is based on a combined score on the closing hole at Deerwood of 10 (par 4).  We did not use the successful Tombo model because we are not that swift.  Speaking of swift, those were not easy two putts and my putting today was as scintillating as the GFS is at discerning a dry three hour period in a wet pattern.

There may be a Tombo model update in June.

We didn't even bother with an East Nantmeal outlook, the number is zero.  ;)

 

I don't like this number. I suggest that you two go back and trying to lower it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, snowlurker said:

I don't like this number. I suggest that you two go back and trying to lower it. 

The way I putted today, I was expecting 35 days at the least....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

The way I putted today, I was expecting 35 days at the least....

I was a little concerned about the AC bill. Didn't realize you were saving your good putts for the 90F hole.  B)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

After today(?), the outlooked number is 25 additional days.  This is based on a combined score on the closing hole at Deerwood of 10 (par 4).  We did not use the successful Tombo model because we are not that swift.  Speaking of swift, those were not easy two putts and my putting today was as scintillating as the GFS is at discerning a dry three hour period in a wet pattern.

There may be a Tombo model update in June.

We didn't even bother with an East Nantmeal outlook, the number is zero.  ;)

 

East Nantmeal already has one, global warming in full effect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

East Nantmeal already has one, global warming in full effect

This was going forward after today, so global warming cancelled. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chubbs said:

 

I was a little concerned about the AC bill. Didn't realize you were saving your good putts for the 90F hole.  B)

 

If I putted like I did on the 17 other holes, we would have had a 90 degree day in December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well with our twenty-six 90 degree day days in trouble based on the start of July (it might have been a better number for July alone), we tried our hand today at predicting the top temperature of the year (chances are next week) at PHL and thanks to a combined score of 17 on the last hole, it is 100F.  It wasn't easy to make it to that elusive mark that Tom holds, near & dear to his heart. We all had par putts on 18 but managed to get a 5, 6 & 6.  So congrats and reverse psychology maybe this seals the Euro's thoughts on this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Well with our twenty-six 90 degree day days in trouble based on the start of July (it might have been a better number for July alone), we tried our hand today at predicting the top temperature of the year (chances are next week) at PHL and thanks to a combined score of 17 on the last hole, it is 100F.  It wasn't easy to make it to that elusive mark that Tom holds, near & dear to his heart. We all had par putts on 18 but managed to get a 5, 6 & 6.  So congrats and reverse psychology maybe this seals the Euro's thoughts on this.

 

Unfortunately the gfs nailed my 18'th green putting today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chubbs said:

Unfortunately the gfs nailed my 18'th green putting today. 

I think the GFS was used for pin placements.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not counting today (8/27), PHL has had 22 ninety degree or greater days so far this season. The ACT outlook was for 26 days.  Barring any GFS run 2m temp verification going forward, we may come close.

So the ACT team is trying their hands at the tropics.  In a bold outlook given they are DOA, the ACT team is outlooking tropical storm force winds (or gusts) to affect part of the Mount Holly CWA the rest of the season.  It could be one wind gust at buoy 44009, but will count that as a line drive in the box score, because our standards are, well, they are what they are. :jawdrop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 5:33 PM, Rainshadow said:

Well with our twenty-six 90 degree day days in trouble based on the start of July (it might have been a better number for July alone), we tried our hand today at predicting the top temperature of the year (chances are next week) at PHL and thanks to a combined score of 17 on the last hole, it is 100F.  It wasn't easy to make it to that elusive mark that Tom holds, near & dear to his heart. We all had par putts on 18 but managed to get a 5, 6 & 6.  So congrats and reverse psychology maybe this seals the Euro's thoughts on this.

 

You guys sound like you are too good at golf for me. I may have to reconsider my invitation.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, cbelke said:

You guys sound like you are too good at golf for me. I may have to reconsider my invitation.  :rolleyes:

We could use a few more ensemble members.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cbelke said:

You guys sound like you are too good at golf for me. I may have to reconsider my invitation.  :rolleyes:

Charlie & Al could attest to my putting "prowess" today, only 30 putts and no 3 putts! :blink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony was on the fringe about 75% of the holes. So the 30 putt claim has to be taken with a grain of salt lol although he did putt well. As a review of Ramblewood, the greens had been recently aerated and fairly slow and bumpy. However the ice cold towels they provided us with were surely welcomed. All in all it was another fun day on the 295 tour. We played the last hole on the red nine for tropical activity. Two pars and a bogey equates to tropical storm force winds in the Philly area this season (current forecasts do not back this up) so we'll see. If Charlie had made a 12 foot putt God knows what would we would be looking at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Harbourton said:

Tony was on the fringe about 75% of the holes. So the 30 putt claim has to be taken with a grain of salt lol. As a review of Ramblewood, the greens had been recently aerated and fairly slow and bumpy. However the ice cold towels they provided us with were surely welcomed. All in all it was another fun day on the 295 tour. We played the last hole on the red nine for tropical activity. Two pars and a bogey equates to tropical storm force winds in the Philly area this season (current forecasts do not back this up) so we'll see. If Charlie had made a 12 foot putt God knows what would we would be looking at.

Thank God that butterfly didn't flap its wings in Ghana, or Charlie got the right kick off the aeration bump!

Ramblewood has really done a great job of improving their bunkering.  The cart paths, well I hope they are next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harbourton said:

Tony was on the fringe about 75% of the holes. So the 30 putt claim has to be taken with a grain of salt lol although he did putt well. As a review of Ramblewood, the greens had been recently aerated and fairly slow and bumpy. However the ice cold towels they provided us with were surely welcomed. All in all it was another fun day on the 295 tour. We played the last hole on the red nine for tropical activity. Two pars and a bogey equates to tropical storm force winds in the Philly area this season (current forecasts do not back this up) so we'll see. If Charlie had made a 12 foot putt God knows what would we would be looking at.

Region-wide devastation didn't pan out as a swing thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 7:36 PM, Chubbs said:

Unfortunately the gfs nailed my 18'th green putting today. 

It is too bad September wont have its typical 90 degree days (2), we could have been coincidental geniuses.  Through 8/31, 26 days of 90F or higher @PHL, right on the number.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

It is too bad September wont have its typical 90 degree days (2), we could have been coincidental geniuses.  Through 8/31, 26 days of 90F or higher @PHL, right on the number.

 

You mean we weren't forecasting the September 1 total? B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2018 at 2:49 PM, Rainshadow said:

Not counting today (8/27), PHL has had 22 ninety degree or greater days so far this season. The ACT outlook was for 26 days.  Barring any GFS run 2m temp verification going forward, we may come close.

So the ACT team is trying their hands at the tropics.  In a bold outlook given they are DOA, the ACT team is outlooking tropical storm force winds (or gusts) to affect part of the Mount Holly CWA the rest of the season.  It could be one wind gust at buoy 44009, but will count that as a line drive in the box score, because our standards are, well, they are what they are. :jawdrop:

 This may have to be filed under be careful for what you putt for....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, based on how we did on hole # 17 at River Winds (Par 3 Peninsula Green),  the first 32F at PHL will come a week earlier than the current running climo, November 2nd. Mark your calendar.  ;)    If it comes a week late (Nov 16th), we misread the - sign as a + sign.  :blink:

Capture.JPGf.JPG.299149b6d712701d841a0ad1c4b3af8d.JPG

It won't be long until the all important winter snowfall/temp outlook will be posted.  We are sending secret notes to each other to find a secluded day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2018 at 2:49 PM, Rainshadow said:

So the ACT team is trying their hands at the tropics.  In a bold outlook given they are DOA, the ACT team is outlooking tropical storm force winds (or gusts) to affect part of the Mount Holly CWA the rest of the season.  It could be one wind gust at buoy 44009, but will count that as a line drive in the box score, because our standards are, well, they are what they are. :jawdrop:

The tropical division of the ACT team attempting a comeback.

 

145554_wind_probs_34_F120_sm.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

The tropical division of the ACT team attempting a comeback.

 

145554_wind_probs_34_F120_sm.png

That one tropical storm wind gust at buoy 44009 may end up being quite prophetic (and very very lucky).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 11:22 AM, Chubbs said:

The tropical division of the ACT team attempting a comeback.

 

145554_wind_probs_34_F120_sm.png

The interest in the winter weather snowfall / temp outlook has just increased.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×