*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

5/16 Another Run @ 90F This Time With Possibly Severe Storms

That was some of the greatest thunder I have heard in a long long time.  It almost sounded like the relaxing tape I bought once.  They (lightning strikes) were far enough away through most of the evening that we just heard gentle rumbling.  Great pictures everyone!

0.42" through 645 am.

• Like 2

Is the rain over the next few days coming from the tropical system out of the gulf? Lots of pieces and I lost track with everything else happening.

9 hours ago, JimCaruso said:

Hard to believe that anyone into weather wouldn’t love thunderstorms, the intensity and energy are so exhilarating, and the forecast analysis is quite interesting as well... To each his own I suppose emoji4.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tombo likes looooong, dark, cold nights in the dead of winter. That’s all you need to know. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

tombo likes looooong, dark, cold nights in the dead of winter. That’s all you need to know. ;)

lol

10 hours ago, JimCaruso said:

Hard to believe that anyone into weather wouldn’t love thunderstorms, the intensity and energy are so exhilarating, and the forecast analysis is quite interesting as well... To each his own I suppose emoji4.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lightning and thunder do nothing for me. Thunder is yawn worthy, and lightning is just basically turning the lights on and off in your room, yawn. Cloud structure before thunderstorms is what I really enjoy and the intense rain rates. Outside of that, meh

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cbelke said:

Is the rain over the next few days coming from the tropical system out of the gulf? Lots of pieces and I lost track with everything else happening.

Yeah.  We are in a stuck pattern til the trof associated with that system lifts northward and outward around western Atlantic Bermuda High.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Lightning and thunder do nothing for me. Thunder is yawn worthy, and lightning is just basically turning the lights on and off in your room, yawn. Cloud structure before thunderstorms is what I really enjoy and the intense rain rates. Outside of that, meh

• Like 4

Here is a pic of the Hail from last night in my backyard.  The initial clouds were mesmerizing the way they were swirling within each other.  I was in a restaurant when the golden light hit and didn't get to take any pictures, but the colors were beautiful.  Fun evening.

IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2661.JPG

IMG_2659.JPG

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Chubbs said:

Thats the only lightning and thunder I do like, good song

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Yeah.  We are in a stuck pattern til the trof associated with that system lifts northward and outward around western Atlantic Bermuda High.

Dealing with that all week down here in MCO and it's taking until early next week to get POPs under 70%

• Sad 1

So, the line of storms generated a meteotsunami off the Mid-Atlantic Coast yesterday. Nice.  It sounds worse than it is, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CyphaPSU said:

So, the line of storms generated a meteotsunami off the Mid-Atlantic Coast yesterday. Nice.  It sounds worse than it is, though.

That is not the first time that happened.