Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

Another taste of the 90s, and you will like it.

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

I don't know, but I seem to remember as a teenager, we'd get low to mid 90's true heat waves, that (at least to me) seemed to last a week of more. Perhaps it's because back then I lived in Bethlehem and it was a bit warmer than Tamaqua, but since I moved back from Arizona, it seems as if we can only muster one or two days over 90 before it cools off. Also the swings seem greater (low 90's to mid 70's as opposed to low/mid 90's to low 80's).

I don't know either.  You might be living in the shadow of Paul :), but the overall trend has been warmer, even if it is a crawl.  This table is # of 90 degree days at ABE:

Capture.JPGgf.JPG

Capture.JPG

I think I like when Tom starts these threads, it kills the chances of 90s occurring.

25 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I think I like when Tom starts these threads, it kills the chances of 90s occurring.

Me too, honestly didn’t see that front sagging all the way down to Williamsburg almost. Usually with these things and a high sitting offshore it’s north. Hey, at least I brought you some thunderstorm chances tomorrow and all next week 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 10:53 AM, Rainshadow said:

I don't know either.  You might be living in the shadow of Paul :), but the overall trend has been warmer, even if it is a crawl.  This table is # of 90 degree days at ABE:

Maybe it was the consistency (smaller temperature swings) that I remember, as that chart clearly shows it's warmer now than then.