Jump to content

*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!


Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

FV3 Future GFS Implementation Starts With 12z Run On June 12th.

Recommended Posts

On 3/19/2019 at 5:40 AM, cbelke said:

Queue that X-Files music. 

 

On 3/19/2019 at 7:26 AM, Rainshadow said:

Oh this is not the end of it.  Cancel the Myrtle Beach plans:

fv3p_asnow_eus_35.png.bdbe95e541a34d589df5e6de774cbbdf.png

Spotter report came in from Elizabeth City:

77.JPG.d4aeb0272d037598fa0de80fdac02026.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is like eating all of your Halloween candy and waking up the next morning and it is still there:

 

 

index.gif

index2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

We are sooooooooo close:

 

Georgia, and the Carolinas will declare a state of emergency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Georgia, and the Carolinas will declare a state of emergency.

True. It is not often one dynamically cools to below freezing, in the middle of the afternoon, in South Carolina, on April Fool's Day.

index.gif.097ba642dd9730bcf7441d3ed9a7b76e.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

We are sooooooooo close:

fv3.png.75b2de94331526d7254ec300717c44db.png

I finally figured out the nomenclature: Failure Version 3-God Forsaken Snow (machine)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, snowlurker said:

I finally figured out the nomenclature: Failure Version 3-God Forsaken Snow (machine)

The irony that it's 500mb scores are better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, cbelke said:

Georgia, and the Carolinas will declare a state of emergency.

SOE cancelled.   For full disclosure alot of this was sleet and freezing rain as the frozen ptype and the whatever reason that some rain was treated as snow.  The below freezing temps were below freezing temps.  BTW Northwest Nebraska's and Southwest South Dakota's SOE was cancelled too, no three feet of snow.  Central Texas angry at promised snow disappearing too.

index.gif.4598618e217dc7c750cbf9bfa1d59915.gif

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

SOE cancelled.   For full disclosure alot of this was sleet and freezing rain as the frozen ptype and the whatever reason that some rain was treated as snow.  The below freezing temps were below freezing temps.  BTW Northwest Nebraska's and Southwest South Dakota's SOE was cancelled too, no three feet of snow.  Central Texas angry at promised snow disappearing too.

 

 

I'm going to "summerize" my snow blower this weekend now that the snow is cancelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cbelke said:

I'm going to "summerize" my snow blower this weekend now that the snow is cancelled. 

IDK, FV3 says wait til Memorial Day to be sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 7:43 AM, cbelke said:

I'm going to "summerize" my snow blower this weekend now that the snow is cancelled. 

Too soon, it's baaaaaccccckkkkkkkkkkk.   (It is on the NAM too)

fv3p_asnow_eus_7.png.1476cc9e458ba0b196bf1b167c86077e.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Too soon, it's baaaaaccccckkkkkkkkkkk.   (It is on the NAM too)

 

Not worried, I live in S.E. PA., NOT the Carolina's where it seems to snow all the time in the Spring. :smileys-snowman-053129: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 11:28 AM, cbelke said:

Not worried, I live in S.E. PA., NOT the Carolina's where it seems to snow all the time in the Spring. :smileys-snowman-053129: 

How about a state that begins with the letter I?

my_gosh_robert_downey_jr.gif.8f29e813dd819b61c75308a7033c2b3b.gif

 

fv3p_asnow_eus_31.png.d4d782427ce6a265e8a0b56ce3edc538.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

How about a state that begins with the letter I?

my_gosh_robert_downey_jr.gif.8f29e813dd819b61c75308a7033c2b3b.gif

 

 

I can give you several that begin with the letter "I". 

I just came back from Omaha, NE and the Missouri River is out of its banks in several areas. Lots of hard hitting floods happening out there right now. I REALLY hope the FV3 is wrong for their sake.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cbelke said:

I can give you several that begin with the letter "I". 

I just came back from Omaha, NE and the Missouri River is out of its banks in several areas. Lots of hard hitting floods happening out there right now. I REALLY hope the FV3 is wrong for their sake.

 

 

The FV3 is the scorpion on the back of the frog crossing the stream, it only knows how to do one thing instinctively.

fv3p_asnow_eus_41.png.72c58e2d7ff22be8abd70c57d2d83bd5.png

Without getting too political and having to ban myself, the MSM thinks there is only one newsworthy item the past two years.  Regardless, flooding is never sexy to them. Congrats on your FV3 snow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every day is Christmas on the FV3.  The heavy snow potential in the upper Midwest is legit.  The amounts have Heisey booking a flight to MSP.

index.gif.d5fda3d0b188139e1974db7a0fbb6955.gif 

 gem_asnow_eus_36.png

gfs_asnow_eus_36.png

 

😛

d.JPG.0c330ec8ddad94af2fd44ab0bd9c60fe.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thread that keeps on giving....

if-you-act-now-ill-throw-in-a-second-army-absolutely-free.jpg.4d658d59d5045083bb5e71f5b32339d2.jpg

All joking and numbers aside, the heavy snow and possible blizzard conditions for South Dakota & Minnesota are legit.  Road trip to Virginia and Connecticut, not so much.

 

index.gif.dd10c5012840c6da42bb1d61bba72158.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FV3 keep spreading the wealth. I love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 1:59 PM, frankdp23 said:

I think they speaked the truthit about it still being too cold beyond 84 hours....  One perpetual seasonal bias substituted for another is a zero sum gain.

 

fv3p_T2m_neus_51.png

gfs_T2m_neus_46.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

give me the 40s over temps close to 90

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...