Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

Post Easter Rain to snow event 4/2

Lol I set my alarm for 530am. Too bad I set it for 530am on Tuesday lol. Overslept. Turns out it was for the best as this shifted N and models lost my event next week.

1 hour ago, rramblings said:

IMGP6261.jpg

IMGP6262.jpg

Flemington area of Hunterdon County NJ storm total snow fall (10 AM on April 2nd) of 5.4 inches

• Like 6

4.5" storm total  in Zionsville, PA.  Measurement was taken at 9:00 a.m. 

52 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Lol I set my alarm for 530am. Too bad I set it for 530am on Tuesday lol. Overslept. Turns out it was for the best as this shifted N and models lost my event next week.

This track was not going to cut it for anyone from around 40N south.

namussfc2018040209.gif.9da8681bbff49da8d98a26ee4400217d.gif

Story of the winter, yet another 2" snowfall - 2.2" to be exact for NW Chesco.   Crawling my way to 50"...

Final tally was 2.5" - higher spots in Chesco moving toward the 60" seasonal mark - will need 1 more event to get us there

I suppose it wasn't bad for the first April snow in 11 years, even if it was less than an inch back home. Zilch here.  Oh well, I suppose there's still a chance later on.  That said, the difficulty of getting April snow down this way is noticeably greater here.

8 minutes ago, famartin said:

I suppose it wasn't bad for the first April snow in 11 years, even if it was less than an inch back home. Zilch here.  Oh well, I suppose there's still a chance later on.  That said, the difficulty of getting April snow down this way is noticeably greater here.

hey bud long time. Is there any plan to update your winter archive page? I still visit it here and there for nostalgic and analog purposes. With all the events in the last few years since your last update it would be an awesome page to revisit since it is so organized.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

3" in Piscataway, 1.5" on the parking lot, snow removal company cashing in again as they're plowing 

20180402_084245.jpg.7331c254596200a010700417d057372c.jpg

20180402_084238.jpg.9123f0642cd4270ceaa578b1a5bf2534.jpg

You must be in a rare spot with some woods in Piscataway.   Lived there for 37 years until I moved in 2016

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, frankdp23 said:

6.75" here.

20180402_073523.jpg

FRANK!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, frankdp23 said:

You must be in a rare spot with some woods in Piscataway.   Lived there for 37 years until I moved in 2016

literally right next to 287 at exit 8, "some woods" would be the correct description, around  a small creek that runs adjacent to Centennial Ave

• Like 1

Had 4” in Sinking Spring, Berks, this morning and it’s still hanging on decently in the shade. Here’s a 5pm pic of the north-facing hill out my front window...of course my south facing front yard is almost completely bare so I have to cling to something. 

477653D6-4A4B-4160-9C7B-39D9E81C3E06.jpeg

• Like 3

.52 melted down in my davis rain gauge, off 4" of snow. Had .01 as rain or rain/snow mix prior

18 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

hey bud long time. Is there any plan to update your winter archive page? I still visit it here and there for nostalgic and analog purposes. With all the events in the last few years since your last update it would be an awesome page to revisit since it is so organized.

Maybe one day. I'm busy with other projects which take up my personal time these days, so little time for the winter archive. But, I still collect the necessary data in hopes that one day, I'll get back to it.  It might not be til I'm a homebody saddled with a wife and kids, though :crazy:

18 hours ago, Mitchg said:

BGM>VAY a liitle over an inch here. 

:o.

Next you have to take on Gilly and after that Quakertown.  ;)

Capture.JPG.ffd4bd402ffbf802d39fb8dbef4d5a62.JPG

I just looked at Morris County CoCoRaHs for this & their snow to liquid equivalent ratio was 9.8 : 1.  Not bad for SApril.

• Like 1

Based on Parsley and Tombo's snow totals, and on talking to my neighbor today, I'll go with 2.8" in Spring Mount, PA for a storm total.  Clearly, most of that was melted (except where there were shoveled piles) when I arrived at home yesterday evening.

• Like 1