BeerandWXTogether

The Equinox Eraser...(of trees, power lines, and sprouting Spring) - Obs 3.20-3.21

FINAL (1am)

Three Tuns PA: 11”

(I am certain I was closer to 13”+ if I were to consider entire storm compaction at ~32°!)

Just got home from plowing on the Border of Easton and Bethlehem, I would guess a very crude 8-10”?  Seemed like every time I made a pass with the plow it was covered over from 10am until 6pm, with a lull here and there. Occasional bursts after 6pm 

As for home here in Hatfield.... I’m too tired to measure.... here’s a grill pic

4D7E78F2-8444-4DB4-8CC7-0F45CCAA4A2A.jpeg

• Like 4

Had 12" by 6 PM last night, then had a heavy band roll through around 8 PM and looks like it dumped another 3" - 3 1/2" overnight. Had I stayed up till midnight and measured, probably would have been more but lost a bit due to compression.  I'll go with 15.5" ish for this storm.

Heeeeelllllllooooo Spring!!

• Like 1

Beautiful morning out there!  Final total 9.8" 

Puts me @ 41.9 for the season

24.1 of which fell in March  I mean SMARCH! 

Chadds Ford @ 500' 

• Like 1

Lost power this morning, last time that happened was the post Sandy snowfall.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

West Caln 

9.4”

We missed out on the heavier totals in round one due to being just on the wrong side of the sleet line then in round two the later heavier bands were just to our northeast in Paul’s and Qtown’s woods. Great storm though!

8 hours ago, highratiosnowfall said:

Is there any way we could rack up higher totals tonight in Mt. Laurel? Could that band in PA pass through us on the storm's departure? Or could the band in Ocean county push inland? 

11.4" total.  Heaviest late snow since I moved down here.

• Like 3

Yeah additional only.
PHL Intl 4.1" thru 2 pm.

I’m confused about this, it seems like everyone is saying the 2pm yesterday accumulation forecast graphic was supposed to be additional only? But in Newtown we only had a little over 8” for the event so that looks more like a storm total graphic to me. Just wanted to understand it...

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

.7 additional overnight 13” total 

You barely edged out VAY at 12, congrats! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JimCaruso said:

I’m confused about this, it seems like everyone is saying the 2pm yesterday accumulation forecast graphic was supposed to be additional only? But in Newtown we only had a little over 8” for the event so that looks more like a storm total graphic to me. Just wanted to understand it...

Jim,

It was an additional map.  Spot on for me, we had 7.5" additional after 2 pm.

6 minutes ago, Mitchg said:

You barely edged out VAY at 12, congrats! 

Eh, that was a social media VAY, so he won by a little more.  The way the stationary banding was set up and decaying all last evening, Mount Laurel should not have had more snow than the office.  I was reporting every two hours and comparing it to Mt. Holly.  They were ahead of us in the middle of the evening, so unless something weird on radar happened after Midnight, we (Mount Laurel) should not have had more snow.

• Like 1

Just now, Rainshadow said:

Eh, that was a social media VAY, so he won by more. The way the stationary banding was set up and decaying, Mount Laurel should not have had more snow than the office.

12 was the office from the PNS. 

5 minutes ago, Mitchg said:

12 was the office from the PNS. 

Mitch, Mitch, we have to measure to the nearest tenth. ;)

Capture.JPG.89d5776b25ef91c8c0b0a03f94938b6e.JPG

11 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Eh, that was a social media VAY, so he won by a little more.  The way the stationary banding was set up and decaying all last evening, Mount Laurel should not have had more snow than the office.  I was reporting every two hours and comparing it to Mt. Holly.  They were ahead of us in the middle of the evening, so unless something weird on radar happened after Midnight, we (Mount Laurel) should not have had more snow.

Probably a hot take but I'm skeptical of most anything reported as social media compared to spotter reports.

4 minutes ago, BeerandWXTogether said:

Probably a hot take but I'm skeptical of most anything reported as social media compared to spotter reports.

If I included specific amounts in the final Stormdata entries for events, I never used social media reports.  I know there are spotters that are always too hot, heck some people thought I am/was too hot, so as Nick Stefano told me, unless there is a picture showing where they measured with a wide view of the area, it could be accurate, it could not be.  Either way I am not entering it into the historical record for the event.

• Like 1