*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

BeerandWXTogether

March Lion Obs (Wind, Rain, Snow, Blowing Trash)

When intensity lessened after the last squall temp bumped up 0.4 degrees now as you can see on the radar (I'm the red x) the edge of the heavier band is 5 miles NE of me - should see snow picking up again shortly. Just had highest gust of the day at 32 mph

radar1139.jpg

Been snowing pretty dang hard for the last 20 to 25 minutes in Spring Mount, PA.  Temp has dropped to 33 and there is a nice coating on all unpaved surfaces.

1-hour max wind gusts in the State of Delaware still have not exceeded 40 mph. Of course just now it sounds like my workplace roof is buckling hahaha.

33 here at work with nukes falling from the sky. Ground quickly getting covered

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snowlurker said:

1-hour max wind gusts in the State of Delaware still have not exceeded 40 mph. Of course just now it sounds like my workplace roof is buckling hahaha.

Ilg has gusted to 52

13 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Ilg has gusted to 52

Can you please let me know where you found that? I was going off of UD's site

I wonder if on a day like today in areas where WWA criteria from an accumulation standpoint may not be met county-wide and given the way that band is working through whether a snow squall warning/advisory would make sense in future winters...

My poor arbies...

The snowflakes stick like glue.

20180302_121038.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Ilg has gusted to 52

I was gonna say... it's howling here at the Riverfront in Wilmington. Incidentally, it also just started snowing for the first time today. Looks like that band may be working its way in.

As they say in New England - ripping lights flickering ground is quickly now getting white - Temp down to 33.9

Backyard.20180302_121311.jpg

32 here at work. Probably about a half mile vis, maybe a bit under currently. Closing in on an inch 

DXTKXOLX0AAXGdR.jpg

• Like 3