Sign in to follow this  
SalemCountyNJ

SB LII - predictions

Side note: Last 7 New England super bowl appearances have all been decided by a touchdown or less. 

6 minutes ago, Seanvolz98 said:

Side note: Last 7 New England super bowl appearances have all been decided by a touchdown or less. 

Just bleedin green.  Lol.

I really see this Eagles team like the 2008 Phillies....they were not the best team on paper. But it was just their year. The best team does not always win. The Phillies won in 2008 when they were not the best team. They were IMHO the best team in 2009/2010 and 2011 but could not win the Championship. I just think it is the year - Eagles 24-21 - Go Birds!!!

2 hours ago, chescopawxman said:

I really see this Eagles team like the 2008 Phillies....they were not the best team on paper. But it was just their year. The best team does not always win. The Phillies won in 2008 when they were not the best team. They were IMHO the best team in 2009/2010 and 2011 but could not win the Championship. I just think it is the year - Eagles 24-21 - Go Birds!!!

Actually, position for position I think they stack up neck and neck with new england if not better in overall skilled positons. They have the advantage in QB,TE, and maybe Cooks. Think the eagles other wr's match up well with the rest of new england's. Eagles o-line is better, there whole defense is better, their rb's are better. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Actually, position for position I think they stack up neck and neck with new england if not better in overall skilled positons. They have the advantage in QB,TE, and maybe Cooks. Think the eagles other wr's match up well with the rest of new england's. Eagles o-line is better, there whole defense is better, their rb's are better. 

Agree, I think the Eagles actually are the better team. But Brady/Belichick are a big advantage to the Pats, especially in a close game. Good thing I don’t think it will be so close - 31-21 Birds!

• Like 1

This game all hinges on which version of Foles you get.  Last week was a HUGE departure from the mean for him...great game, but nothing like how he looked the previous three games.  Can lightning strike twice?  Oddly, I think it does. 

Eagles 24, Pats 21

10 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

New England's officials are better though.:angry:

I agree with Mshaffer it all depends on which Nick Foles shows up.  I think also the game plan they had with Minnesota they have to continue against New England.  If they have them down, they have to have the Tiger Woods mentality and just keep on crushing them. I'd make a prediction, but I'd be too fast with it, probably be the 3rd period score. Regardless of outcome with Wentz at the helm and most of the starters in contract through at least next year, the future looks bright.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

New England's officials are better though.

Super Bowl LII - Eagles vs. The Ref's

11 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Agree, Eagles are the better team. The experience factor is the main concern on the other side. 

19 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I agree with Mshaffer it all depends on which Nick Foles shows up.  I think also the game plan they had with Minnesota they have to continue against New England.  If they have them down, they have to have the Tiger Woods mentality and just keep on crushing them. I'd make a prediction, but I'd be too fast with it, probably be the 3rd period score. Regardless of outcome with Wentz at the helm and most of the starters in contract through at least next year, the future looks bright.

Steratore did an eagles game this year against Denver and the Eagles won quite easily. He also officiated an Eagles-Pats game a few years ago the Eagles won.  Hopefully not going to be as pats friendly as some of the other refs. 

Question is how many years of snow would you give up for an eagles win? 

A: Remainder of the season

B: Willing to accept a mizer super nina and super strong PV in 2018-2019

C: Willing to accept back to back super ninas and super strong PV's

D: I can go five years without a flake in order for the eagles to win the game. 

Eagles 27, Patriots 20 F

Eagles build a lead throughout the game and take a 24-13 lead into the 4th cruising. Brady begins the comeback and the Pats make it 24-20 with about 10 minutes left. Eagles tack on a field goal to make it 27-20 with about 6 minutes left. The Patriots punt back to the Eagles with 5 minutes left and the combo of Blount/Ajayi run out the clock with Brady on the sidelines. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mitchg said:

Would give up this years snow in a heartbeat, others not so sure. The last time the eagles won a championship, 1960, 2 KU storms followed within 6 weeks, so I would take a win as a good sign.

• Like 2

If anyone wins on a last second field goal it’s NE. That said they come up just short of that and I’m going Eagles win 30-28!

• Like 3

I don't care how they do it. GO BIRDS!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mitchg said:

D. Not even a choice.   Heck it could happen anyway, lol.

• Like 2

I would at least give up quite a bit of snow, this is a rare opportunity. Schedule next year will be much harder NFC south plus AFC south the Vikings and the Rams again. 

5 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

I think it all depends on the eagles def. the eagles should be able to move on New England and put some points up. The eagles defense has a tough task. You have to cover rbs coming out of the backfield, gronk, cooks.  You also have to protect against dink and dunk passes. Need to get to Brady with 4 down lineman. If they start blitzing he will chew them up. I think the birds have a solid chance in this game but I’m leaning towards the pats 30-24