Qtown Snow

1/3-1/4 Nor'easter OBS: Who will win ? Bus ?

1 minute ago, JimCaruso said:

HRRR looks like only 3-4” makes it into PA, and that’s Kuchera, at 10:1 it’s only like 2-3”
ea9be8f3dcc835ca4afdaa43eaa43972.pngb1e8daa807bea05ed2c9b24b53765577.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s gonna pick up very quickly in intensity heaviest wasn’t supposed to be until between 7-1pm anyway 

• Like 1

Got up a few times overnight. Banded snow with lulls in between - the moon was visible for a while around 4am

As has been mentioned, it looks like most of the QPF is coming in after 7 AM?  It looks like I'm driving into West Chester, was hoping to be able to work from home.  I was a bit surprised at how much QPF the RAP was throwing west of the river too.  That 6" line is well out into Chester County from the looks of it.

6am obs

East Nantmeal Twp

Chester County Pa (35mi NW of PHL)

Snow (0.3" so far)

Temp 21.7

RH 87%

DP 18.3

Wind NNE 10 to 13mph

9 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

As has been mentioned, it looks like most of the QPF is coming in after 7 AM?  It looks like I'm driving into West Chester, was hoping to be able to work from home.  I was a bit surprised at how much QPF the RAP was throwing west of the river too.  That 6" line is well out into Chester County from the looks of it.

My son works up that way - how much do you have?

Has picked-up here the past 15 minutes - blowing snow also

Few pics from where the snow has been picking up here in NW Chesco with a band moving westbound - the last 2 pics are from my place in Sea Isle City NJ...you can see a neighbor parked in my driveway and the snow if getting deep at the beach

21.5 in East Nantmeal

SicNowx.20180104_062303.jpg

Backyard.20180104_062207.jpg

SICDrive.20180104_062037.jpg

23 / 19 snow started about an hour ago, coating, winds blowing snow around

Visibility has dropped a bit in Center City in the past 10 minutes. Looks like that verifies with more moderate snows filling in from NJ on the radar.

2 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

My son works up that way - how much do you have?

Has picked-up here the past 15 minutes - blowing snow also

We only have about a half inch so far.  That said, I am looking at the PennDOT traffic cameras along the 30 bypass and it does not look great.  Roads appear to be snow-covered.  

• Like 1

2.1 at work so far. We really cashed in on that one band overnight that was parked here

• Like 1

Are these bands actually going to happen now? I stayed up all night waiting to do snow removal here in delco and was just about to give up and go to sleep. Safe to say I should load up on coffee now? 

Picked up nicely in Valley Forge.  Band at shore looks impressive.  Storm due ENE off OBX past 3 hours, western edge will be tight

codnexlab.NEXRAD.DIX.N0Q.20180104.1134.012ani.gif

5 minutes ago, Cwx said:

Are these bands actually going to happen now? I stayed up all night waiting to do snow removal here in delco and was just about to give up and go to sleep. Safe to say I should load up on coffee now? 

Yea that stuff overnight was really never suppose to get us, mainly south of i95 type thing. This is the real deal now.

Light snow started in Allentown about 20 minutes ago. 22 degrees.

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

Yea that stuff overnight was really never suppose to get us, mainly south of i95 type thing. This is the real deal now.

Ok thanks. Well at least i know im not torturing myself for no reason now. I do my best to follow you guys but I'm still horrible at reading the maps with timing. 

Gotta say, overall, these are darn good looking upper levels for a storm progged to hit Bermuda on some guidance 5-7 days ago, go winter 2017-18!  Closed at h5, buckled at h3, real nice.

300mb.gif

500mb.gif

700mb.gif

850mb.gif

Visibility dropping a bit here in National Park...windy

If we could get some decent sized flakes going we'd be in business...enough of this wind driven dandruff

Temp: 18 F | Dew Point: 16 | Wind: NNW - 13 mph 

Light Snow and maybe an inch, hard to tell with the wind blowing.

just measured 0.8" (.04" liquid) 22 / 20

Pretty much how I thought radar would look after seeing short term models last night (even before that)

IMG_9063.PNG

Just got up, eyeballing somewhere between 1 and 2"; have to go let our pug out before she gets buried alive.  That band along the NJ coast, wow.

• Like 1

Buoy off De coast. Wondering about hurricane gusts in next couple of hours..

debuoy.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

7am, Valley Forge, 21°, 2.25".

Winds picked up last hour

This is the winter that model runs prior to about 24 hours before precip starts count less than usual. 

• Like 1