*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Qtown Snow

12/8-12/9 OBS : Our 1st Seasonal Snowfall, models say it's coming

4 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

latest HRRR. Already off by 2 hours on start time

QPF is going to struggle but we make make up a bit on ratios. A little fluffier than Dec 5, 2009.

55 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

Flurries...first flakes of the year, so that's always nice.  The way I am looking at this, this system was written off on Tuesday.  Anything we get today is a bonus.

Yup. 

I said that about the month of December in general. Totals aside, today is a win for any snow lover. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

QPF is going to struggle but we make make up a bit on ratios. A little fluffier than Dec 5, 2009.

The ratios blow right now. The flakes are pretty cruddy. Need some better lift in DGZ

19 minutes ago, WXRADIO said:

Light but steady in Burlington

Home2_Home2_IP Camera01_20171209101520_48393.jpg

As long as there is a grill in the pic, we know its an accurate observation. :) 

20 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

The ratios blow right now. The flakes are pretty cruddy. Need some better lift in DGZ

Flakes aren't bad here. Mainly stellar dendrites. I don't think we need to worry about sub 10:1.

29F - 0.5"

23 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

.3 in wayne so far. Road is getting slush covered

Pushing .1 in Mount Laurel.  BTW new snow observers at PHL this season.

Just now, Rainshadow said:

Pushing .1 in Mount Laurel.  BTW new snow observers at PHL this season.

I saw, Tony Wood told me that

Had good dendrites for a while at a pretty good clip, but now it's more just wet flakes accumulating on mulched surfaces.

Thats a solid fgen band right up i95 from phl to nyc. Another back in berks co through lanc co