snowlurker

Winter Banter Thread

Yeah I am not an Eagles fan, but I really like Carson Wentz.  Foles had one streak of magic in 2013 or 2014, but by and large his mechanics are terrible.  That Eagles offense relies on Wentz to make ridiculous plays, and he might be the best 3rd down converting QB to come out in the last decade.

On a weather related note...lake effect season is here:

Lake Effect Snow Warning for Southern Erie County, Pennsylvania
Issuing Office: Cleveland
Source: National.Weather.Service
1:42pm EST, Mon Dec 11

... LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO MIDNIGHT EST WEDNESDAY NIGHT... * WHAT... HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW EXPECTED. TRAVEL WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT TO IMPOSSIBLE. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 12 TO 16 INCHES ARE EXPECTED, WITH LOCALIZED AMOUNTS UP TO 20 INCHES POSSIBLE. * WHERE... SOUTHERN ERIE AND CRAWFORD COUNTIES. * WHEN... FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO MIDNIGHT EST WEDNESDAY NIGHT. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS... NORTHWEST WINDS GUSTING AS HIGH AS 30 MPH WILL CAUSE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. BE PREPARED FOR NEAR WHITE OUT CONDITIONS IN SNOW BANDS. WIND CHILLS WILL FALL TO NEAR ZERO TUESDAY NIGHT.

3 hours ago, eastonwx said:

Agree with everything you said Mitch. I think Birds will need to address OL big time in the offseason.

Peters may come back and give it one more try but I think it's time to draft Lane Johnson's fill in. Don't think big V is any better than average. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

Yeah I am not an Eagles fan, but I really like Carson Wentz.  Foles had one streak of magic in 2013 or 2014, but by and large his mechanics are terrible.  That Eagles offense relies on Wentz to make ridiculous plays, and he might be the best 3rd down converting QB to come out in the last decade.

On a weather related note...lake effect season is here:

Go back and watch clips from the IND/BUF game Sunday. That was cool. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mitchg said:

I actually think it's not the end of the world like I'm reading. Being counted out will make them play harder. These games coming up are winnable to end the regular season. Playoff games at home would likely still be close or favor Eagles mostly. Seattle and New Orleans I would think they would be an underdog now at home. OL is main concern along with maintaining pressures on defense. 

A heavy blow but not the end of the world. Hopefully Foles can have his own Jeff Garcia moment. Agree on OL with Foles' lack of mobility.

On December 2, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Parsley said:

So...if we actually score a snow event or two (in December) I count it as a major victory.  

image.jpeg

On 12/11/2017 at 4:26 PM, Mitchg said:

I actually think it's not the end of the world like I'm reading. Being counted out will make them play harder. These games coming up are winnable to end the regular season. Playoff games at home would likely still be close or favor Eagles mostly. Seattle and New Orleans I would think they would be an underdog now at home. OL is main concern along with maintaining pressures on defense. 

It's not the end of the world b/c the bottom line is you still have to play the games, but it's a massive blow to their chances.  It's just emphasizes all the other facets of the game that the team has got to step up and play spotless football.  The D cannot miss tackles like they did against LA and give up those big plays.   If they can't run the ball they will struggle big time.  Foles can make some passes and he throws a clean catchable ball, but his arm is weak and he can't make those deep out passes that Wentz can.  He nearly had two short passes to the sidelines get picked off against LA b/c of his weak arm.