Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

November 11th & 12th Min Temp Obs & Watch For Falling Temps All Day On The 10th.

Well Philly will only be about 4 degrees off from the normal high for the 10th since its still 53 or 54 as of 1115 pm and the serious cold front is hours away.  Somehow it wont feel like that....

Gfs was showing this morning frontal passage. I mean maybe a couple days ago

18 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

Seems like models were a tad quick with the front?

GFS Fast?  Never! :blink:;)

Anyway it looks like today's high @ PHL should be 52 & the min for the day will happen at midnight again.

9 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

GFS Fast?  Never! :blink:;)

Anyway it looks like today's high @ PHL should be 52 & the min for the day will happen at midnight again.

Wunderground had 51

4 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Wunderground had 51

Couldn't tell from CWSU site which had five different 5 minute obs of 52 between mid & 1230am.  Its that default Celsius conversion so never if any are 51 or 52.

1 minute ago, Rainshadow said:

Couldn't tell from CWSU site which had five different 5 minute obs of 52 between mid & 1230am.  Its that default C conversion so never if any are 51 or 52.

Could be wunderground being off. Normally I wouldn't care but I posted on twitter it was 51 lol

Just now, tombo82685 said:

Could be wunderground being off. Normally I wouldn't care but I posted on twitter it was 51 lol

I dont know.  I guess we will find out at 430 pm today.  Anyway, (almost) everyone will be too busy shivering today to notice.

Temp falling steadily here in NW Chesco now down to 37.3 - midnight high was 45.6...hi wind gust so far this AM has been 20mph - lo wind chill 27.5

Time T Td RH Wind Mph Prec.
08:00 35 22 61 WNW 17 0.00
07:00 37 26 65 NNW 9 0.00
06:00 39 28 67 NW 5 0.00
05:00 40 33 78 NNW 8 0.00
04:00 42 40 93 NW 4 0.00
03:00 41 39 95 WNW 5 0.00

Last 5 hours, seeing the steady drop.

"Breezy" doesn't quite cut it in the forecast today. :happyno:. Combination of the wind and cold,  breezy isn't doing it justice. I know it's an algorithm thing, but it is freakin' windy out. 

22 minutes ago, Parsley said:

"Breezy" doesn't quite cut it in the forecast today. :happyno:. Combination of the wind and cold,  breezy isn't doing it justice. I know it's an algorithm thing, but it is freakin' windy out. 

I forget the chapter when one used to hand type the zones (C-11???), but they used to tell us to say breezy during the warm half of the year and blustery during the cold half.

40F here aka lucky to reach this as a calendar day high tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I forget the chapter when one used to hand type the zones (C-11???), but they used to tell us to say breezy during the warm half of the year and blustery during the cold half.

Yeah, blustery is a good seasonal comparison. I like that word on day like this. Its hits on both cold and wind.

Plus, a 15-20 mph wind is much more noticeable on a 38 degree day vs 70 degree day. 

Yeah, blustery is a good seasonal comparison. I like that word on day like this. Its hits on both cold and wind...

My wife and I would always call days like this a "Winnie the Pooh" day ("Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day")

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

My temperature is up 1 degree in the past hour. WEAK. ;)

Not weak are the winds. Gusts 30-35 mph.