Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

November 11th & 12th Min Temp Obs & Watch For Falling Temps All Day On The 10th.

Amazing low level cold air mass. The GFS's predicted lowest sfc and 925mb temperatures for Philadelphia for the next 16 days remains tonight.  Its not one fluky run either and it makes consistency sense whether right or wrong since the cold air predicted later this month is concentrated more above 850mb vs nearly entirely below with this one.  

8 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

39F, a new low in more ways than one.  I took a bunch of "before" pictures outside. 

can you please sit outside on your patio and enjoy this weather

20 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

can you please sit outside on your patio and enjoy this weather

This is how I spent the morning, digging up the bulbs to these Canna Lillies.  Now I have to go empty the gas in the mower before it gets dark.

20989016_10209882516846201_3667863285094831766_o.jpg.e6149ad4c79f0ca346d1d6e3c21956e1.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

This is how I spent the morning, digging up the bulbs to these Canna Lillies.  Now I have to go empty the gas in the mower before it gets dark.

It doesn't get dark till 9pm tho

• Like 1

Got 32F up the street at KCKZ airport which is less than a 1/4 mile from my house. That wind needs some snow to blow around. :bop:

31.6 as the sun starts to dip behind a treeline

This was our last haul (complimentary newspaper included apparently).  There were an additional half dozen peppers inside.  Chris, well the hoses were disconnected and drained.  The rest is beyond my control.

Capture.JPG.916cd5a69b91f501f8efb63cc4459305.JPG

• Like 5

Taters look nice! Do you think they would've been OK left in? I know for a frost, but for a freeze?

Ding, ding, ding

Officially 32 degrees for the first time this season.

Big game tonight between Pennsbury & Neshaminy in Langhorne tonight. Going to whip up a batch of hot spiced cider to prep for the elements.

49 minutes ago, eastonwx said:

Taters look nice! Do you think they would've been OK left in? I know for a frost, but for a freeze?

I read that they can be left in, but must be dug up quickly afterward or they wont last as long.  I guess the rot in the plant starts spreading to the potato.

34.3F, two degrees left to go.

• Like 1

28 DP 7 now. point/click forecast low is 14

Down to 29.9 here in East Nantmeal...still hanging on to 34.7 at the beach in  Sea Isle City...all time record low back to 1894 in Chester County is in jeopardy tonight....who would have thought with global warming/climate change this could happen! Call me stunned!

7 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

20989016_10209882516846201_3667863285094831766_o.jpg.e6149ad4c79f0ca346d1d6e3c21956e1.jpg

i did ours last weekend,

22f now

55 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

i did ours last weekend,

22f now

Hurt pulling them out, they looked that good this morning.  27F.

2 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Hurt pulling them out, they looked that good this morning.  27F.

Ours were still very green, yard looks empty now. Crazy how much these bulbs multiple.

21f

Currently at 24.0 here in East Nantmeal - 3rd coldest November 10th in 35 years -  behind 22.0 in 1995 and 20.0 in 2003. Already at the 35 year record low for tomorrow in Chesco at 24.0 set in 1988 with a shot at the all-time record low going back to 1894 in Chester County which is 19.0 back in 1957. Mighty impressive early season chill in these parts!

24 degrees 

Easily the coldest high school football game I've experienced. Last Friday I was in shorts with temps in the 60's for the 1st playoff game.

20171110_191422.jpg.22c046207f6a3a7e4019529320ee52d6.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Qtown Snow said:

Ours were still very green, yard looks empty now. Crazy how much these bulbs multiple.

21f

Yup.  We got one of those 25 gallon plastic bags full of bulbs from just our first year.  My mother-in-law gave us about a dozen of them this spring.

Speaking of 25s,  down to 25F here.  I feel so much "better" that the thermal trof is passing thru as I type.