Sign in to follow this  
irishbri74

Friday/sat am cold blast

Short duaration winter blast on its way. Pretty impressive 850's for this time of year. CWA should see everyone with their freeze (finally)

IMG_7430.PNG

I must admit I thought the OP EC was off the rails with its cold, cold solution several days ago (thinking PHL bottom 33ish), but reality looks like its going to come close, much closer than what the GFS had at the same time.

• Like 1

Agreed Tony. Thought maybe something in the middle. But GFS getting schooled by euro handling the synoptic set up in med range. 

IMG_7418.PNG

IMG_7416.PNG

One day "cold" shots don't impressive me, but in this day of torch upon torch it'll have to do. This may be a rare occasion where the city sees a killing freeze on the same night many suburbs do.

Goes to show just how warm it has been out here in the sticks.

39 minutes ago, Parsley said:

One day "cold" shots don't impressive me, but in this day of torch upon torch it'll have to do. This may be a rare occasion where the city sees a killing freeze on the same night many suburbs do.

Goes to show just how warm it has been out here in the sticks.

I wonder on how our red maples leaves are going to react if mins reach mos upper teens (that looks low but a hard freeze a lock regardless).  They are still mostly green.

Philly record low on sat is 21 and 26 on sun. Euro 2m is 24 for saturday morning, pretty impressive. 

1 hour ago, Rainshadow said:

I wonder on how our red maples leaves are going to react if mins reach mos upper teens (that looks low but a hard freeze a lock regardless).  They are still mostly green.

Should be interesting, and potentially sad if they drop off in shock without transition. 

2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Philly record low on sat is 21 and 26 on sun. Euro 2m is 24 for saturday morning, pretty impressive. 

GFS has 27F although its MOS has 24F.  Wasn't it the Euro that doesn't know PHL exists just like the GFS doesn't know the suburbs exist? 

1 minute ago, Rainshadow said:

GFS has 27F although its MOS has 24F.  Wasn't it the Euro that doesn't know PHL exists just like the GFS doesn't know the suburbs exist? 

Euro know the city exists but not the burbs. Gfs over cooks the city but knows the suburbs are alive and well. In general I go off euro for city temps and gfs for burbs. 

4 minutes ago, Harbourton said:

Amazing how the old UKIE keeps up the high powered Euro and GFS.  cor_day6_HGT_P500_G2NHX.png

The Ukie is awesome, probably my 2nd favorite model. Just wish we had more maps for it 

31 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

The Ukie is awesome, probably my 2nd favorite model. Just wish we had more maps for it 

Looks like its beat or tied the EC the last four days.

1 minute ago, Harbourton said:

Not for nothing but why don't they try to upgrade the CMC? It's basically horrible.

I thought they just did give it an upgrade

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Wasn't the Ukie upgraded not long ago? Interested to see if it over takes the euro.

God Save the Queen.

Edit: I might have been thinking of the Canadian.

2 minutes ago, snowlurker said:

Wasn't the Ukie upgraded not long ago? Interested to see if it over takes the euro.

God Save the Queen.

Edit: I might have been thinking of the Canadian.

I think the Ukie was too

This is darn impressive don't care what anyone says when you have all these spots going for record cold Saturday AM

IMG_1195.PNG

Yeah, I running around in the plant today turning on the heaters, and heat tracing on the instrument air piping.  Don't want any emergency calls this weekend.

45 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

This is darn impressive don't care what anyone says when you have all these spots going for record cold Saturday AM

IMG_1195.PNG

Pretty impressive to be that cold with 530s thicknesses, shows you have dense the cold air is (for November) below 700mb.

Woohoo!! Love it!!

Probably good idea to bring in your garden hoses so they don't freeze up and split.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cbelke said:

Woohoo!! Love it!!

Probably good idea to bring in your garden hoses so they don't freeze up and split.

Thanks for the reminder!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cbelke said:

Woohoo!! Love it!!

Nice, completely snoozed as the backyard hose was still outside full of water, cold north side of the house too so that would have been toast, figure I'd learn since a trashed that one leaving it out last winter

• Like 1

Looking at the local records here in Chester County there is a chance if the NWS point and click (15) or WXSIM (18) are correct for us to record some remarkable early season lows. For November 11th the record low from 1983 to Present is the 24 set back in 1988 we are very likely to smash that mark. The all-time Chester County low dating back to 1894 is the 19 degree mark set back in 1957. Interesting times....

6 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:

Looking at the local records here in Chester County there is a chance if the NWS point and click (15) or WXSIM (18) are correct for us to record some remarkable early season lows. For November 11th the record low from 1983 to Present is the 24 set back in 1988 we are very likely to smash that mark. The all-time Chester County low dating back to 1894 is the 19 degree mark set back in 1957. Interesting times....

Dang, philly's record low is lower than yours. Definitely would not of thought that.