Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Fall Banter Thread

On 10/21/2017 at 1:38 PM, frankdp23 said:

Does anyone else have a ton of boxelder bugs outside?

20171021_132633.jpg

OMG, me, me, me!!! Had the exterminator come, we have a contract. My carpenter used his leaf blower last week to blow them off my deck so he could repaint the deck.

RIP Doc, you were one of the great pitchers that I had the privilege of watching. You had some good games pitching against my Yankees.I know that you are flying in favorable tail winds. Prayers for your wife and boys, the Phillies, the Blue Jays, the High School baseball team you coached and all who love you.Too young . . .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rramblings said:

RIP Doc, you were one of the great pitchers that I had the privilege of watching. You had some good games pitching against my Yankees.I know that you are flying in favorable tail winds. Prayers for your wife and boys, the Phillies, the Blue Jays, the High School baseball team you coached and all who love you.Too young . . .

:(:(:(

big jobs going on now in Newark & NYC, took the PATH into lower Manhattan, WTC Transportation Hub is a cool facility

6986.jpeg.66676824f614fda3b2ed8cd011899d1a.jpeg

6988.jpeg.69502b4d07d8c92c638e78f1b3e5d06f.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colonel_kurtz said:

big jobs going on now in Newark & NYC, took the PATH into lower Manhattan, WTC Transportation Hub is a cool facility

6986.jpeg.66676824f614fda3b2ed8cd011899d1a.jpeg

6988.jpeg.69502b4d07d8c92c638e78f1b3e5d06f.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this. We were in the old Path Station at the WTC on September 8th 2001, we met a friend there and then went to a Yankee Game. Who knew . . .

Well, looks like this recent cold blast finally got the fish moving out of raritan bay and down the NNJ coast. Fall run is on! Delayed by about 1-2 weeks this year due to warmer ocean waters/air temps. I'll be hitting the surf quite a but the next few weeks, hoping to land my 50lb'er!! Lol

Currently in Asbury Park..... 

IMG_7502.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irishbri74 said:

Well, looks like this recent cold blast finally got the fish moving out of raritan bay and down the NNJ coast. Fall run is on! Delayed by about 1-2 weeks this year due to warmer ocean waters/air temps. I'll be hitting the surf quite a but the next few weeks, hoping to land my 50lb'er!! Lol

Currently in Asbury Park.....

I'm going to try to get up there this week also. This is when it is nice to be retired to avoid the weekend crush.

• Like 1

My snow blower is in the shop for annual maintenance. Turns out the blower needs a new carburetor, which according to the shop is on back order. Hope it comes in soon.

On 11/13/2017 at 6:30 PM, Qtown Snow said:

flashback

Noticed that weather.us has radar archived back to 1991 so we can go back and relive our favorite snowstorms (or tstorm/rain etc.)

us_radarus-en-087-0_1996_01_07_477_KDIX_357_1507.png

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Noticed that weather.us has radar archived back to 1991 so we can go back and relive our favorite snowstorms (or tstorm/rain etc.)

us_radarus-en-087-0_1996_01_07_477_KDIX_357_1507.png

They had radar back then? ;)

Fall run for striped bass just getting started. Fished seaside heights/Ortley beach the other day. Plenty of adult bunker around, just no fish close to shore. The whale(s) put on quite a show close to the beach. 

IMG_7579.PNG

IMG_7580.PNG

IMG_7581.JPG

• Like 2