Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Fall Banter Thread

I still can't believe he passed away.

I was a big fan of his music and radio show (Buried Treasure on SiriusXM). Based upon the concerts I've seen and radio/tv interviews I've heard, he  really seemed like a heckuva decent guy, too.

Very cool research going on by some French researchers with the help of NWS WFO Guam. Tyler

Climate Summary for today in NW Chester County PA  Hi/Lo 76.1/64.9 (+14.8) above normal but of course not even close to record levels back when we were really warm back on this date in 1939 we hit 88 degrees in Chester County

Some of you may know that I write a blog on aerial wildland firefighting. I am sure that most of you have heard about those devasting wildfires (firestorms) in northern California. I have been devoting my blog the last four days to these wildfires. I don't mind telling you that following these firestorms has been an intense and gut wrenching experience. I have been doing this for nine years, and these wildfires are among the worst that I have experienced. And I was watching live stream from southern California eight years at the moment the firefighters died fighting the Station Fire. Those of you who have been or still are NWS Meterologists probably know about the wonderful work that NWS Incident Meteorologists do. I have written several posts on the work of NWS Incident Meteorologists (IMETs). I thought that some of you might be interested in the work that the IMETs are northern California, each IMET working one complex or wildfires. And one IMET trainee.  I have written about these IMETs in this blog post (Oct 13th).

IMETS save lives!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frankdp23 said:

Does anyone else have a ton of boxelder bugs outside?

20171021_132633.jpg

I haven't gotten them yet but last fall they were brutal at my house. All over my south facing siding and sliding door

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Told you Tony you were trending

Untitled.png

I can't hold a candle to fightdirty though.😢

On 10/21/2017 at 1:38 PM, frankdp23 said:

Does anyone else have a ton of boxelder bugs outside?

20171021_132633.jpg

Nope, haven't seen them in my hood' ever. Did have many ladybug sightings today at home, on my car, at my kids school...

We replaced some rotting T1-11 paneling in front of one of our windows today.  The builders apparently left us something behind in case we got thirsty doing it.  It was $1.29 for the quart and it was all glass....

Capture.JPG.1a4e7564b11a73b0cbba4104df7cb83a.JPG

• Like 1

Funny how a certain wx outlet is going all in on a cold December with above normal snow for the winter and then mentions 1950 as a top analog. That winter was very mizer friendly particularly in terms of lack of snow. 

Was having such a great day until seeing on the ESPN gamecast the cowbleeps are going to win a game they should have lost if the other team played it's "A" game. :(

Nah not really. :) Fly Eagles fly (Eagles> Tony's Cowbleeps.) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mitchg said:

Was having such a great day until seeing on the ESPN gamecast the cowbleeps are going to win a game they should have lost if the other team played it's "A" game. :(

Nah not really. :) Fly Eagles fly (Eagles> Tony's Cowbleeps.) 

I have pretty much become football neutral, rooting for individual players to do well (or not) and not really caring what the teams do. 

1 minute ago, Rainshadow said:

I have pretty much become football neutral, rooting for individual players to do well (or not) and not really caring what the teams do. 

Actually never thought you were really into them anyways. Having a fun year getting on all the Giants fans at the office. Wait till Wednesday when they are back on shift. ;)

1 minute ago, Mitchg said:

Actually never thought you were really into them anyways. Having a fun year getting on all the Giants fans at the office. Wait till Wednesday when they are back on shift. ;)

Yeah this has been kind of a shocker. Going into the season listening to WFAN the Giants sounded like they were going to win the division and the Jets would hopefully win only one game to not mess up their draft pick potential.

13 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

And so you join the new age of fantasy.  Rooting for players,not teams.  Which is fine, ultimately who cares, welcome to the party, right?  Me, though, I remain locked in the past of supporting my local team.  Oh well, I've been a Luddite for some time lol...

1 minute ago, TTNwatcher said:

And so you join the new age of fantasy.  Rooting for players,not teams.  Which is fine, ultimately who cares, welcome to the party, right?  Me, though, I remain locked in thepast of supporting my lical team.  Oh well, I've been a Luddite for some time lol...

Well I am not in any fantasy leagues, so I have that going for myself.

10 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Well I am not in any fantasy leagues, so I have that going for myself.

Sorry that came out more directed at you, I more meant in general.  Guess I shouldn't be so "get off my lawn you darn kids", lol!

2 hours ago, NEchestercountydude said:

Anybody here who has Weatherbell, has anything changed with Ryan Maue leaving? I know he created a decent amount of their products.

Wondering if it's still worth the $.

Nothing has changed. Sometimes some maps don't update. But I still think for all the euro stuff they offer it's best out there. If you only use it for just euro oo then I wouldn't get it. They're free stuff that offer euro stuff at 3 and 6 hr increments