Rainshadow

8/22 Thunderstorms OBS; Highest Severe Threat North & West Of Us

I hate to use the word, but epic summer thunderstorm down here.  A ton of lightning, wind, and heavy rain.  Couple of close strikes too.  Just sat in a lawn chair in my garage for about 30 minutes watching the spectacle.  Great stuff.

• Like 3

0030 UNK PERRY TWP BERKS PA 4051 7594 TREES DOWN WITH SOME BLOCKING ROADS. TIMES ESTIMATED FROM RADAR. (PHI)
0030 UNK BARTONSVILLE MONROE PA 4101 7528 TREES DOWN IN SEVERAL LOCATIONS IN MONROE COUNTY. TIME ESTIMATED FROM RADAR. (PHI)
0034 UNK EAST PENN TWP CARBON PA 4077 7575 SOME TREES BLOWN DOWN. TIME ESTIMATED FROM RADAR. (PHI)
0045 UNK 3 W FLEETWOOD BERKS PA 4046 7588 TREES SNAPPED AND SOME UPROOTED. (PHI)

Not as strong, but another small circulation was visible on TPHL

near Spring City a few minutes ago.

What a Storm!

non severe but insane thunder lightning and rain. 

• Like 1

Both kids woken by CTG strikes. Absolutely shaking the house. 

Another heavy but non-severe storm. Nice to have a storm after dark with a good light show including shelf cloud illuminated by lightning.

7 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

had a nasty hit close by, i jumped

We just had one of those here. My daughter is now curled up in our bedroom and I'm waiting for the boys to come scampering in at any moment...

Fun times....

This second video listen closely about 6-7 seconds in, it literally sounds like someone is pounding on my front storm door window. 

1.03" total here 

• Like 5

A whopping 0.17" in the bucket here in downtown WC.

Really having trouble cashing in on precip this year - all around us but not here.  Thinnest part of line hit us tonight.  Weird!  Nice lightning show, although this was a good test of our new rescue dog, and he didn't pass :-(

Wenonah, Gloucester County, NJ: continuous lightning/thunder here, initial gust front had me record a 41mph wind gust with the main event just rolling in now.

• Like 3

Should of kept my eclipse glasses!! Quite the nighttime light show round 1 was mehh, but round 2 IS ROCKING!!

• Like 1

Just absolutely an amazing light show out there. Tons of CG LIGHTNING and big rumbles of thunder. My whole place is lighting up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

Just absolutely an amazing light show out there. Tons of CG LIGHTNING and big rumbles of thunder. My whole place is lighting up. 

Pretty good rain totals down that way too. 

1.5"-2.0" to your south. 

image.png