*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Chubbs

Lawn/Garden/Golf Thread

12 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

Nice round! We used to play there a couple years ago for our work outing. Fun course with some elevation changes. I haven’t played in almost a month☹️. And I have my first tournament on Sunday haha. This should go well 

Get to the range! Well, it never helps me.  I worked on my swing rotation. Amazing how straight the ball goes when you fully rotate your body. Now, IF I can only remember to do it the next time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Trying one of these

mightymato.JPG

mightymato2.jpg

Aren't they supposed to be disease resistant? I have heard good things about them. Good luck !!

52 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Aren't they supposed to be disease resistant? I have heard good things about them. Good luck !!

Yes, and you can get grafted heirloom varieties so they won't lose any flavor like you often get with hybrids. It's really cool.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cbelke said:

Yes they are grafted on to a disease resistant plant/roots. Will report back.

• Like 1

For the FIRST TIME in over a year, I have just mowed the lawn without leaving a rut or tracks. The ground is dry enough to get my zero turn through without getting stuck, particularly in my back yard swamp area, Woo HOO!!!!   Feels like a drought!!!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, cbelke said:

For the FIRST TIME in over a year, I have just mowed the lawn without leaving a rut or tracks. The ground is dry enough to get my zero turn through without getting stuck, particularly in my back yard swamp area, Woo HOO!!!!   Feels like a drought!!!

im getting close but any hard hits tonight will be a set back.

Just now, Qtown Snow said:

im getting close but any hard hits tonight will be a set back.

Yeah, if we get any substantial down pours this weekend, we are screwed again. 

Broad Run near West Chester. Scenic but very long cart paths due to elevation changes (with switchbacks) and long distances between holes.

IMG_2899.jpg

• Like 3

I haven't played here in about 30yrs. Course is NOT forgiving :).  Greens where aerated a few weeks and do need some work.

20190601_101210.jpg

20190601_125950.jpg

20190601_125452.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

I haven't played here in about 30yrs. Course is NOT forgiving :).  Greens where aerated a few weeks and do need some work.

20190601_101210.jpg

20190601_125950.jpg

20190601_125452.jpg

Haven't played there in years either. Tee boxes need a lot of work from the looks of it.

On 6/1/2019 at 3:26 PM, Qtown Snow said:

20190601_101210.jpg

20190601_125950.jpg

20190601_125452.jpg

You could be playing it twice this year.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 4:21 PM, cbelke said:

Haven't played there in years either. Tee boxes need a lot of work from the looks of it.

Well I hope they are all fixed by October 19th.  ;)

• Like 1

You gents derailed me, this wouldn't help the tee boxes much:  (From Wes)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

You could be playing it twice this year.

Hopefully Yes! Depends on next season Marching Band schedule.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, irishbri74 said:

Rory watch...

Do you think they will go Rory Advisory or Rory Warning with the next update?  :unsure2:

• Like 1

Nothing shocking in Monterey forecast, looks like highs in the 60s. Sunniest days Thu & Fri; cloudier on weekend. Lol 20C predicted at 850mb, we'd be in the 90s with that.

Pebble Beach the site of this year's US open is also the site of the largest winning margin in a major - Tiger Woods 2000, 15 shots. Also one of the shortest major venue in a while. 

Quote from Jack Nicklaus

If I had only one more round to play, I would choose to play it at Pebble Beach. I've loved this course from the first time I saw it. It's possibly the best in the world.

17 hours ago, Harbourton said:

Pebble Beach the site of this year's US open is also the site of the largest winning margin in a major - Tiger Woods 2000, 15 shots. Also one of the shortest major venue in a while. 

Quote from Jack Nicklaus

If I had only one more round to play, I would choose to play it at Pebble Beach. I've loved this course from the first time I saw it. It's possibly the best in the world.

I am seriously thinking about playing one more round there myself.  Anyone planning on going and if you have the ability to walk, take a caddy and walk. Don't take a cart (it is cart path only).

Pebble Beach:

Thursday
Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 63. Light and variable wind becoming west southwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.
Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 61.
Friday Night
Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 60.
Saturday Night
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 62.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 53.

I am headed to Florida this weekend for a memorial service...when my wife asked if we should fly back Sunday afternoon or first thing Monday, I told her Sunday.

giphy.gif