*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Chubbs

Lawn/Garden/Golf Thread

Anyone live near or play Shawnee Resort Golf? I'm sure its wet, but just wonder how bad. Supposed to play there this Friday and if its like the other courses in the area, may not be fun to play.

Bethpage:

Today
Isolated showers before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 53. South wind 3 to 6 mph.
Friday
A chance of showers between 9am and noon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. South wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 54. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph becoming northwest after midnight.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. North wind around 6 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 69.
Sunday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.
  • Like 1

Spieth and DJ both rocketing into contention this morning. Simply put, today is going to come down to whether or not Koepka decides to leave the rest of the field behind. If he shoots even par or worse, this leaderboard will get very interesting.

1 hour ago, mshaffer526 said:

Spieth and DJ both rocketing into contention this morning. Simply put, today is going to come down to whether or not Koepka decides to leave the rest of the field behind. If he shoots even par or worse, this leaderboard will get very interesting.

Well Koepka just started birdie, birdie. Everyone may be playing for second real soon.

2 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Well Koepka just started birdie, birdie. Everyone may be playing for second real soon.

Not  for nothing but a 10 shot lead is not safe at the Black.

3 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

He cooled off.  

Adam Scott (remember that guy?) attempting to tie Koepka's course record today.  He's on pace for 63 with two holes to play.

3 hours ago, Harbourton said:

Not  for nothing but a 10 shot lead is not safe at the Black.

If I had a 10 shot lead (ok, stop laughing) yup.  But this dude has won 3 of his last 7 majors; he is not going to go quietly into the night.  Lol at the difference between tee shots on 1.  It reminds me of the distance gap golfing with Tom.

5454545445.JPG.c577e7ee7ea4341ebaee2fb51e4bb46a.JPG

17 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

If I had a 10 shot lead (ok, stop laughing) yup.  But this dude has won 3 of his last 7 majors; he is not going to go quietly into the night.  Lol at the difference between tee shots on 1.  It reminds me of the distance gap golfing with Tom.

5454545445.JPG.c577e7ee7ea4341ebaee2fb51e4bb46a.JPG

He indicated afterwards it was a struggle today & with 30 putts he didn't putt nearly as well as yesterday, still shot -5. Can't quite say it's over but the big gal is in the on deck circle.

16 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

He indicated afterwards it was a struggle today & with 30 putts he didn't putt nearly as well as yesterday, still shot -5. Can't quite say it's over but the big gal is in the on deck circle.

Yeah.  If Jazz Janewattananond (I don't know who he is, I just wanted to type Jazz Janewattananond) was in the lead, I'd say game still on with the quality of the field behind him.  But a 7 shot lead from a person who recently seems to turn it on in majors, someone is going to have to have a very good moving day or he is going to show that he is human after all at majors today.  Speaking of human, I don't know if Tiger was feeling his golfing age, or strategy, but not playing for a month between majors didn't do him much good.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 6:02 AM, cbelke said:

Anyone live near or play Shawnee Resort Golf? I'm sure its wet, but just wonder how bad. Supposed to play there this Friday and if its like the other courses in the area, may not be fun to play.

How did you make out? I haven’t played there recently, but it’s right next to the Delaware and pretty low. Gotta imagine it was quite wet?

1 hour ago, irishbri74 said:

How did you make out? I haven’t played there recently, but it’s right next to the Delaware and pretty low. Gotta imagine it was quite wet?

We rescheduled it for that exact reason. The river is pretty high and I talked to a guy who played there Wed and he said it was in great condition, but still very wet. Might try it this coming Friday since I have off. Hopefully it will not rain too much this week and things can dry out a bit.

Going to go play Spring Hollow over by the Phila Outlets tomorrow morning. Hopefully its not too wet there as well.

I just planted flowers today and it was like modeling clay, wet and heavy and compacted. As long as everything survives, the hummingbirds should be happy.

16 hours ago, cbelke said:

We rescheduled it for that exact reason. The river is pretty high and I talked to a guy who played there Wed and he said it was in great condition, but still very wet. Might try it this coming Friday since I have off. Hopefully it will not rain too much this week and things can dry out a bit.

Going to go play Spring Hollow over by the Phila Outlets tomorrow morning. Hopefully its not too wet there as well.

I just planted flowers today and it was like modeling clay, wet and heavy and compacted. As long as everything survives, the hummingbirds should be happy.

There are still parts of our backyard I can't mow.

1 hour ago, Rainshadow said:

There are still parts of our backyard I can't mow.

Same here. Hoping things dry out a bit this week.

42 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Same here. Hoping things dry out a bit this week.

Sorry you are going to miss Tuesday.  The wind is going to make for wayward shots.  Then again just speaking for myself,  I dont need wind for wayward shots.

• Like 2

Gotta imagine viewership is wayyy down with this pga championship. Tiger misses cut, Koepka has an insurmountable lead. The way to course is set up, nobody going to gain on him unless he chokes hard today. Had a feeling this would be a tourney like that. Set up was too much of a US OPEN feel to it. 

23 hours ago, cbelke said:

AT&T has an outing there every Spring / early Summer, played there a couple of times. Course was in great shape & it's unique with almost all the holes being on an island in the Delaware. With that being said it's a very flat course & if I'm playing in the Poconos I prefer the hilly scenic courses like Split Rock or Hideaway Hills. 

Good luck getting out there.

IMG_20140520_104638_544.jpg.9e29fa55fa0e75f0c1877e52cb907e04.jpg

• Like 2

Northampton CC, course is still really wet & the quick heavy shower an hour before we went off at 6:00am didn't help. Very smooth 4 hour round for a weekend round, got in 11 holes before the sun even came put so it was nice to beat the uncomfortable conditions. 

Township took over the course almost a year ago & you can already see the difference. Previous regime as horrible & did nothing but over schedule tee times. That in conjunction with Richboro being ground zero for the MAR 2018 paste bomb had that course in the worst shape I can ever remember last Spring.

20190519_075106.jpg.6949165c26c1932b6c942377c94b23b5.jpg

1 hour ago, colonel_kurtz said:

AT&T has an outing there every Spring / early Summer, played there a couple of times. Course was in great shape & it's unique with almost all the holes being on an island in the Delaware. With that being said it's a very flat course & if I'm playing in the Poconos I prefer the hilly scenic courses like Split Rock or Hideaway Hills. 

Good luck getting out there.

IMG_20140520_104638_544.jpg.9e29fa55fa0e75f0c1877e52cb907e04.jpg

I believe that hole in the picture was the hole Hale Irwin made a hole in one in the NCAA Championships back in the day.

Played Stonewall golf links yesterday. 18 at the old course and 9 at the north course.  Golfers paradise there!  The old course is a real challenge.  Tough off the tees with heavy rough and very small greens.  

7098A19E-A91E-4102-BDAA-9BB20A065F60.jpeg

2CD8AF5F-AC0B-4572-84F6-6B5D33D49B93.jpeg

CC1700B5-E293-43A7-A6AC-55CB3470303D.jpeg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

Northampton CC, course is still really wet & the quick heavy shower an hour before we went off at 6:00am didn't help. Very smooth 4 hour round for a weekend round, got in 11 holes before the sun even came put so it was nice to beat the uncomfortable conditions. 

Township took over the course almost a year ago & you can already see the difference. Previous regime as horrible & did nothing but over schedule tee times. That in conjunction with Richboro being ground zero for the MAR 2018 paste bomb had that course in the worst shape I can ever remember last Spring.

20190519_075106.jpg.6949165c26c1932b6c942377c94b23b5.jpg

That was the reception place for Lee's wedding. 

On 5/17/2019 at 8:03 PM, colonel_kurtz said:

The big gal momentarily tripped, but made it to the plate anyway.  I guess all things considered a 4.5 hour round on a Sunday afternoon at Ramblewood wasn't too too bad, so we got in just before he made the final putt to win.

• Like 1

Played Spring Hollow yesterday morning. Course was in great condition with only the first hole being wet on one side. Shot an 86 so I was very happy.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Played Spring Hollow yesterday morning. Course was in great condition with only the first hole being wet on one side. Shot an 86 so I was very happy.

Nice round! We used to play there a couple years ago for our work outing. Fun course with some elevation changes. I haven’t played in almost a month☹️. And I have my first tournament on Sunday haha. This should go well 

• Like 1