Sign in to follow this  
Chubbs

Lawn/Garden/Golf Thread

I get the feeling the yard won't look this good...and dry (yes, there are weeds I need to contend with still) until later next spring after the rain, wind and colder temps from tomorrow on forward. 

Hopefully pic #2 will be the scene sooner than later ;)  That was March 10th by the way  

image.jpeg

image.png

• Like 6

I'll put the picture here since the reception was at the Northampton Valley Country Club (looks like a nice course) last night and Lee likes to golf, there was about 175 years of meteorological experience in this picture, which means most of us (other than Lee & his beautiful bride) are old....

22908257_10155011253187393_116855404_o.jpg

• Like 6

This is what is so chintzy about Jaw$$$$$$$$$.   Instead of giving up revenue on a Saturday, he offers a free round on a working week day, not even the in-lieu of holiday on Friday November 10th or Sunday if he didnt want to interfere with any other activities on that specific day.  There are tee times on Saturday.

Vet.png.af93d75bc9656938fcfde6d29f82cf4e.png

notgood.JPG.a7bac49daafe2e59e7362a8bf2a0e8f6.JPG

This was our first attempt at growing sweet potatoes.  This one was sticking out of the dirt, so I unearthed it today.  Very "interesting" appearance.  Anyone coming over to help us bake it? :unsure:

Capture.JPG.78ac475be916a1721ebe1d13bb60a926.JPG

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

This was our first attempt at growing sweet potatoes.  This one was sticking out of the dirt, so I unearthed it today.  Very "interesting" appearance.  Anyone coming over to help us bake it? :unsure:

Capture.JPG.78ac475be916a1721ebe1d13bb60a926.JPG

Looks like a mutant bean

Yard and a bit of foliage in the backdrop. Veggies aside, heavy frosts (32, on a few occasions) haven't hindered much growth yet. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cbelke said:

We'll be mowing till Christmas. ;)

I'm usually mowing up neighbors oak leaves that ALWAYS find a way into my yard well into December. I'm too lazy to rake them so I blow them into a pile and mow them. 

• Like 1

I don't know what's going to happen first, the leaves on our red maple trees turn colors or they just fall off from the freeze next weekend.

From the Salt Lake Tribune, no wonder there was trouble, they had Mount Holly in the wrong state....

A Colorado couple have lost their latest round against golf legend Jack Nicklaus in a lawsuit in Utah’s federal court.

In a 3-0 ruling, the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday upheld the dismissal of the only remaining claim in a suit filed by E. Jeffrey Donner and Judee Donner, who alleged Nicklaus had mischaracterized his membership role in the failed Mount Holly golf and ski resort.

Nicklaus was named in marketing materials as a “charter member” for the planned retreat near Beaver, which the Donners said convinced them to invest $1.5 million in the project. The resort went bankrupt in 2009 before it could open, and the pair filed suit in 2011 against Nicklaus and his golf course design company over the alleged misrepresentation.

This is awesome news! First the BMW championship next year, and then this:

#Delco on the map!

IMG_7527.PNG

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

This is awesome news! First the BMW championship next year, and then this:

#Delco on the map!

Thats not delco

I have a 2.2 acre "lawn" that probably has about half grass and half non-obnoxious looking weeds. I'd like to reduce the amount of weeds and increase the amount of grass without using environmentally persistent herbicides. I don't want to kill honey bees or birds unintentionally through the use of pesticides. I also don't want pesticides to get into my would-be vegetable garden (that I swear I will create one year).

I know that aeration is important and will look into doing so in an economical fashion in the early spring. Are there any other techniques that I can employ?

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Thats not delco

Pretty sure it is? 

Border goes past St. David's rd?

IMG_7529.PNG

2 hours ago, irishbri74 said:

Pretty sure it is? 

Border goes past St. David's rd?

I mean thats not delco "delco" You can't say delco for the whole county, it's a specialized word for a special area.