*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Chubbs

Lawn/Garden/Golf Thread

26 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

OMG.... Molinari was a robot all tournament and two terrible mistakes on the back nine. 

Welcome to the back 9 at Augusta, Francesco. Bad break on 15 that the shot hit a tree branch.  Weird 4 of the last 5 tee shots on 12 were wet.

17 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Tiger is winning it.:unsure2: Going out as threesomes with Tiger in the final group, is going to be an experience Francesco never had. Francesco would have benefited from being in the typical twosomes.   I can't figure Tony is going to duplicate his round tomorrow. Bruce may be the most legit threat.

Well the way he plays here, that wasn't a stretch of a forecast.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Wow!! The planets aligned. 

Good for golf, good for Tiger, good for anyone who had/have adversity no matter what it is in one's life to never stop believing/trying.  I never thought I'd see this day again. He looked so done. Congrats Tiger.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Good for golf, good for Tiger, good for anyone who had/have adversity no matter what it is in one's life to never stop believing/trying.  I never thought I'd see this day again. He looked so done. Congrats Tiger.

Well said. I agree, I didn't think he would ever be able to play at this level again. Nor did he for that matter, but he kept grinding. 

Good for him and good for golf, it was fun to hear the crowd cheering for him. 

• Like 1

Congrats Tiger. I wouldn’t call myself a golf enthusiast but definitely a Tiger fan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Well the way he plays here, that wasn't a stretch of a forecast.

Who would have said 3 years ago he would even play competitive golf again let alone winning a major. There is just magic at that course. Kopek yanked a 10 footer on the last hole to force a playoff. A win that will be mentioned maybe as a reason for the resurgence of the game. All the Fowlers, Johnsons, Rorys, etc, etc could not revive the ratings til Tiger came back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harbourton said:

Who would have said 3 years ago he would even play competitive golf again let alone winning a major. There is just magic at that course. Kopek yanked a 10 footer on the last hole to force a playoff. A win that will be mentioned maybe as a reason for the resurgence of the game. All the Fowlers, Johnsons, Rorys, etc, etc could not revive the ratings til Tiger came back. 

Tiger moves the needle. Always has, always will.  If Rickie is going to win a major, I think this is the one. He plays the course well, just a question of having the best luck or an above average putter for that week. (And not playing with Tiger in the final group. ;)  )

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

My same thoughts, well said.

PGA Championship around the corner.

This was the best Sunday of a major I've ever watched. Bar none. A bunch of players had a chance to win. Even guys like Cantlay and Scheiffele even had the lead for fleeting moments. And Tiger... 

There is no question that the reason for there being so many great young golfers in the game today is due to Tiger making golf as big as its become. That makes this win even more impressive. 

Tiger knew he was playing against 1, maybe 2 competitors. Koepka and Johnson. He played the conservative Jack Nicklaus handbook and let the intimidated and inexperienced fold. 

36 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

This was the best Sunday of a major I've ever watched. Bar none. A bunch of players had a chance to win. Even guys like Cantlay and Scheiffele even had the lead for fleeting moments. And Tiger... 

There is no question that the reason for there being so many great young golfers in the game today is due to Tiger making golf as big as its become. That makes this win even more impressive. 

Haha yes, Tiger has actually produced his own competition.  And then beat them. Lol.

46 minutes ago, White_Mtn_Wx said:

Tiger knew he was playing against 1, maybe 2 competitors. Koepka and Johnson. He played the conservative Jack Nicklaus handbook and let the intimidated and inexperienced fold. 

Nobody hit the ball better from tee to green than Tiger the past four days, once he got the flat stick in order after Thursday he was going be in the mix Sunday. I agree, he most likely believed Brooks & D.J. were the guys to beat. Molinari was playing with fire all round & it was only a matter of time before he crashed & burned. As far as Finau the moment is just to big for him at this point. Xander did have the lead for a couple of holes however even then he clearly didn't have control of his game & I never had the impression he was a real threat. 

Tiger has now been in the Sunday mix at the last 3 majors, PGA next month is at Bethpage & the US Open at Pebble are courses where he's won previous majors. 

36 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

Nobody hit the ball better from tee to green than Tiger the past four days, once he got the flat stick in order after Thursday he was going be in the mix Sunday. I agree, he most likely believed Brooks & D.J. were the guys to beat. Molinari was playing with fire all round & it was only a matter of time before he crashed & burned. As far as Finau the moment is just to big for him at this point. Xander did have the lead for a couple of holes however even then he clearly didn't have control of his game & I never had the impression he was a real threat. 

Tiger has now been in the Sunday mix at the last 3 majors, PGA next month is at Bethpage & the US Open at Pebble are courses where he's won previous majors. 

The field was an overstated joke for broadcasting drama sake. Tiger let everyone else fail. 

19 hours ago, White_Mtn_Wx said:

The shot on the 16th won the Tournament for him. Perfect distance control to allow the slope take effect. It will be interesting at the British Open to see how the field handles a new course.

• Like 1

Got out and mowed the lawn this afternoon. Got the zero turn stuck in the backyard. 

Here's your sign... 

18 hours ago, cbelke said:

Got out and mowed the lawn this afternoon. Got the zero turn stuck in the backyard. 

Here's your sign... 

Yes, I didn't get home until 7:20, and finished the yard as the last of light was disappearing.  It is growing like gangbusters already...can't wait for the summer "droughts"

• Like 1