*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

tombo82685

Temperature/Obs/Boring Weather Discussion

Just now, tombo82685 said:

This is true. Nice lightning display out tonight. 

Yup. Hopefully this all misses IMBY. I just mowed after 7 days of growth and it was a wet, thick mess. Looks like roughly 0.75" here yesterday. PTW really cashed in. 

2 minutes ago, WXRADIO said:

My acurite weather gauge reported 5.64 inches in over two hours. Rte 130 in Burlington City near the Burlington Bristol Bridge approach is flooded hood deep on cars and water rescues were in progress.

Flood.JPG

IMG_3150.PNG

flood 2.JPG

Wow

Also had dime sized hail for 15 minutes not enough to damage vehicles though. Florence had winds of around 40 MPH. Looked like a war zone. Should be some footage on news tonight, Choppers were buzzing area before dark.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WXRADIO said:

My acurite weather gauge reported 5.64 inches in over two hours. Rte 130 in Burlington City near the Burlington Bristol Bridge approach is flooded hood deep on cars and water rescues were in progress.

How are those stations? I have seen some on wunderground that throw some questionable rain amounts out.

3 minutes ago, WXRADIO said:

Also had dime sized hail for 15 minutes not enough to damage vehicles though. Florence had winds of around 40 MPH. Looked like a war zone. Should be some footage on news tonight, Choppers were buzzing area before dark.

Mind if I post these on twitter?

7 minutes ago, WXRADIO said:

My parents had siding damage in Florence. Wind related.  Sounds crazy - as you mentioned.

30 minutes ago, al79philly said:

Looking at the radar loop - http://www.njweather.org/maps/nj-statewide-radar-6-hour-loop  What makes the storm keep regenerating over one area?  It did appear to be moving, it just kept regenerating.  

You can see the gust front spreading south from the storms that helped generate new storms.

Saturday looks cooler/nicer than previously thought.  Just wonderful weather for the first weekend in August.  

Looking at the high temperatures forecast out here, nothing in the 80s until next weekend at the earliest?  I am sure that will change, but still, it has been a mild summer.

Southern Monroe County, we are with you.....

Glad I was too busy unloading bananas to notice the donut hole.

past24.png.20f1c71cef6958a1967eb5c58787e73e.png

Question to those with twitter who follow phillywx. No one has said anything to me but I want to make sure I'm not going overboard. Do you find the amount of tweets during severe weather That I do as helpful/informing or more of an annoyance haha. I want to get the word out but also realize there is a fine line too of overdoing it 

10 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Question to those with twitter who follow phillywx. No one has said anything to me but I want to make sure I'm not going overboard. Do you find the amount of tweets during severe weather That I do as helpful/informing or more of an annoyance haha. I want to get the word out but also realize there is a fine line too of overdoing it 

You trying to compete with Trump for twitter usage? ;)

I think its reasonable usage and not over whelming. There are multiple services that put warning and watches out on Twitter, but I think you have the edge in delivering more details and showing what is going on in the area. I say continue on.

3 minutes ago, Baseball0618 said:

After the rogue storm yesterday 

IMG_3618.JPG

Awesome picture 

• Like 1

0.00 yesterday evening.

Storm formed right over head ad combined with another storm to the North and dumped on the LV area.

My rain dance was once again a spectacle to behold, and results continue to be the same. :happyno:

Saw where Death Valley had their warmest month on record in July at nearly 107.4 for the monthly average and no temperature below 89.     Just a tad short of the warmest record month on the planet.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2017/08/03/death-valley-set-record-hottest-month-u-s-history/537988001/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

during active times its good. more pic's :) , thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Awesome picture 

Thanks.  It was an odd storm.  It rained extremely hard for about 20 minutes and 15 of the 20 minutes it was unbelievably sunny out. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

during active times its good. more pic's :) , thanks for sharing.

Goes to you and everyone else, send me a pic and I will send it out on twitter

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Thats what I'm saying, the Doppler estimates seem legit. They aren't even close to 10" 4-6" over the area in 2 hours is scary

Keep in mind as well the radar data is still an estimate, Legacy totals usually run low. Dual-pol better. 

44 minutes ago, Mitchg said:

Keep in mind as well the radar data is still an estimate, Legacy totals usually run low. Dual-pol better. 

What was top rainfall you got?

60 miles away you can see the top of that berks co cell 

IMG_0589.JPG

• Like 2