tombo82685

Temperature/Obs/Boring Weather Discussion

Cecily said Saturday night will be a "milky sky". What's that reference to? Never heard that before.

Mowed the lawn again today. Hopefully the last time this year.

1 hour ago, cbelke said:

Cecily said Saturday night will be a "milky night". What's that reference to? Never heard that before.

Mowed the lawn again today. Hopefully the last time this year.

Frost?

Just now, Rainshadow said:

Frost?

Correction. She mentioned "Milky Sky", my bad, I misquoted her.  I'm guessing a cloudy sky, but never heard "Milky Sky".

image.png.6d495907b89dac1ee189a514c6bec6b3.png

Nice day today, hit 63 per the neighbors' station. A bit breezy at times, caught me by surprise. Received a text alert from the plowing company I work with today, saying pattern shift ahead! Clearly they're model watching :). Took advantage of the temps today and fixed the roof... 52b7173eeb99bbebcf282d62caadbb4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cbelke said:

Correction. She mentioned "Milky Sky", my bad, I misquoted her.  I'm guessing a cloudy sky, but never heard "Milky Sky".

image.png.6d495907b89dac1ee189a514c6bec6b3.png

Mid and/or high level clouds dimming the sun, that'd be my take on it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parsley said:

That would make sense since there is a disturbance rotating through Saturday night/sunday morning

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

That would make sense since there is a disturbance rotating through Saturday night/sunday morning

Yeah, I took a peek at the GFS Saturday and it showed them rolling into the area. 

• Like 1

Haven't started looking tonight but last night it looked a shortwave would lead to some clouds Saturday night. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Parsley said:

I walked in on the broadcast as she was finishing up. Didn't understand what she meant by Milky Sky, but I figured it was some sort of high level cloud formation. Just was curious if I was going to learn another meteorology term or if it was one of her analogies. 

6 hours ago, cbelke said:

I walked in on the broadcast as she was finishing up. Didn't understand what she meant by Milky Sky, but I figured it was some sort of high level cloud formation. Just was curious if I was going to learn another meteorology term or if it was one of her analogies. 

AccuWeather likes to use "interesting" wording to spruce things up or make them stand out. Remember,  she is being fed a forecast from AccuWeather (which can she can run with or alter if she pleases) but I think for the most part she (and 6ABC) will run with it. 

• Like 1

Ironically the sky this morning was "milky".  Sun dimmed by clouds.

NAM showing the mid and high level clouds Saturday. 

image.png

image.png

• Like 2