tombo82685

Temperature/Obs/Boring Weather Discussion

On 9/28/2017 at 9:02 PM, chescopawxman said:

I spent 2 weeks in Ireland for work many years ago and I still say out of every place I have been including tropical spots....nothing holds a candle to the Emerald Isle. It's not just the scenery and golf....which are spectacular - but the people are so friendly and love to meet folks from the US and have a pint with them!

Awesome! I agree about people are so friendly!

On 9/26/2017 at 5:57 PM, Parsley said:

Nice! You touring the whole country? That was one of my favorite trips several years back. Cliffs on the west side, Cork on the south end and Dublin/Howth on the east side.

No. I was able to tag along for free on my wife's business trip to Galway (4 days) so toured local Galway and did a bus trip for the day to the Cliffs. Need to revisit the island some day to explore more. As mentioned, the local people are A+.

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Could be another egg on euro and eps face with rain later on. They are pretty bullish with .3-.6. Short range models barely have .1 if at all. Strong Hp nose filtering in dry air aloft

Starting with Jose, the Euro has been s%^#*ing bricks with qpf more than usual this past month.  12z run yesterday had Delmarva and southern third of NJ soaked by now.

rain24.png.cb4e8352e3885b891b350f8c6c750d60.png

5 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Starting with Jose, the Euro has been s%^#*ing bricks with qpf more than usual this past month.  12z run yesterday had Delmarva and southern third of NJ soaked by now.

rain24.png.cb4e8352e3885b891b350f8c6c750d60.png

Last nights run I believe was around 18z or after for philly. Current hourly models are rather unimpressed. Lot of dry air in mid levels from hp wedging down 

1 hour ago, Qtown Snow said:

No. I was able to tag along for free on my wife's business trip to Galway (4 days) so toured local Galway and did a bus trip for the day to the Cliffs. Need to revisit the island some day to explore more. As mentioned, the local people are A+.

Yeah, wife and I did a week could have easily stayed two with so much to see. 

We stayed in Dublin but did full day tours by train all over the country every other day during our stay. It was a great way to see different cities and the beautiful countryside.

9 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

.59 in gilly, .43 at work

up to .61 in gilly after another shower

20 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Delayed but not denied

0.50"

Week total up to 1.40"

Feels like.....October for a change. 

Not a pretty day at the beach in Sea Isle City - winds gusting up to 36mph

SICHi.20171012_094318.jpg

Temps today have remained in the 50's following our 62.5 degree midnight high. Today will still finish as our 9th straight day of above normal temperatures. However, to put this all in perspective - Since August 1st (the last 73 days) we have had 42 below normal days and 31 above normal days....the cool on balance has won out over the warmth over the last 2 1/2 months in this area

Been traveling and come home to 1.38" in the past seven days. We needed it. Don't need it for the weekend.

Have had some nice steady rain this week.

Kind of a lousy weather weekend for fall.  Not enough rain to make a difference, but just generally lousy.  Sunday looks decent, but way too warm for this time of year.  Still wanting to go to a pumpkin patch on a cool day :(

2 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

Have had some nice steady rain this week.

Kind of a lousy weather weekend for fall.  Not enough rain to make a difference, but just generally lousy.  Sunday looks decent, but way too warm for this time of year.  Still wanting to go to a pumpkin patch on a cool day :(

I'll be out your way this weekend...

Hopefully, Saturday turns out a bit better than anticipated. Sunday has all the signs of a warm one once winds start cranking from the southwest ahead of the front. 

Perhaps the last 2 weekends of October will turn out seasonable. 

Craptastic drizzly start to the morning. Of course the day I want to play golf it has to be like this.