tombo82685

Temperature/Obs/Boring Weather Discussion

Already running +3 to +6 regionwide this month.  

82 IMBY today. Good day to power wash 

Climate summary for today in East Nantmeal 78.2/61.2 + 13.9 above normal and in Sea Isle City NJ 75.7/69.0 with a nice sea breeze blowing all afternoon. So far through the 1st 7 days of October the "frozen tundra" of the unique NW Chesco climate on the slopes of the Welsh Mountain Anticline...we are running +4.7 on average temps so far. Looking forward to some rain this week as we are now running only 91% of normal YTD with a deficit of 3.58" against my 35 year data set.

Beautiful evening at the beach in Sea Isle City...my wife went down solo with my son for the night and tomorrow....so having a dad/daughter night with my girl...I wish she would stay this age....12!!

SICHi.20171007_181025.jpg

Wouldn't be shocked if Georgetown,DE makes a run toward 90 today.  925+10 gets 86, while mos guidance is stuck back at 83 thinking it's October. 

The low this morning at PHL was 74 degrees, not only does that easily break the record high minimum for the date of 69 (2007) it is also the warmest minimum on record for the month of October. Previous warmest were 72 in 1898 & 1954.

Augtober on roids

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

87 for high yesterday at PHL, at 6:34pm - looks suspect

It has been corrected to 81. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MGorse said:

It has been corrected to 81. 

Thanks for the update Mike. Seemed a little suspect 

• Like 1

euro and eps showing another soaker later wed into thurs.

Carl, can you verify this. Seeing Oct 2007 as warmest monthly temp of 64.5, followed by 1971

11 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Carl, can you verify this. Seeing Oct 2007 as warmest monthly temp of 64.5, followed by 1971

Correct

Interesting note regarding OCT 1971, 2nd warmest OCT on record at 63.5 however the temperature never reached 80 degrees that month, warmest was 77 degrees.

OCT 1990 had (9) consecutive 80 degree days from 10/6-10/14

Phl tied the record high min that was set on Sun yesterday, with another 74 low. Congrats to all

Yes, these departures have to drop for the month but for the first 9 (add today for an even 10) these #'s are :jawdrop:

ABE: +10.2

PHL: +8.2

ACY: +7.6

ILG: +8.1

MPO: +9.2

• Like 1

I updated this from an earlier thread - Through the 1st 9 days of October we are running 7.3 degrees above normal. The average temp through yesterday the 9th was 64.7 and no doubt that average will fall closer to 60 by month end (especially with some of the potential chill showing up toward last week of month)...but to put that in perspective in the 124 years of local Chester County climate data we have only had 4 October's that finished with an average temperature above 60 - and the last time that happened was way back in 1941! Below are the top 4 warm Octobers  1900 = 61.2 / 1919 = 60.3 / 1920 = 60.1 and 1941 = 60.0

Could be another egg on euro and eps face with rain later on. They are pretty bullish with .3-.6. Short range models barely have .1 if at all. Strong Hp nose filtering in dry air aloft

3 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

i was already at work but it looks like this am sunrise was A+!

IMG_1068.JPG

• Like 2

Just now, Qtown Snow said:

^ stupid work gets in the way seeing this! 

i need an outdoor job or retire :)

lol didn't you just come back from Ireland lol?

30 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

lol didn't you just come back from Ireland lol?

yeah true,  that was a a lucky freebie for me, got to tag along my wife's business trip, :) but i still need to retire ;) , man i miss the  local Guinness  on tap everywhere :)