tombo82685

Temperature/Obs/Boring Weather Discussion

This weather blows...literally. 

Mostly cloudy, windy with quickly accumulating pollen.

A big rain will hopefully flush this stuff. 

26 minutes ago, Parsley said:

This weather blows...literally. 

Mostly cloudy, windy with quickly accumulating pollen.

A big rain will hopefully flush this stuff. 

I'd get use to the clouds starting today right through next week. With the cold pool aloft coming in with closed low around showers and cloud formation will be relatively easy with low convective temps

Love the pollen flushing rains, keep them coming, leaves are getting close to 100% full growth size then it will end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

I'd get use to the clouds starting today right through next week. With the cold pool aloft coming in with closed low around showers and cloud formation will be relatively easy with low convective temps

Oh, I'm ready. Top priority was getting the grass mowed. On a roughly 4 day cycle now. Next mowing after the rain and among the clouds and scattered shows will be a mess.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Oh, I'm ready. Top priority was getting the grass mowed. On a roughly 4 day cycle now. Next mowing after the rain and among the clouds and scattered shows will be a mess.

Same here. 4 days is pushing it. I'm going to try and hold off till tomorrow afternoon to mow right before it rains tomorrow night. Hoping it doesn't starting raining before 6 PM tomorrow. If we get 1" - 2" over the next couple of days I'll need special rice paddy tires to float through the backyard.

• Like 1

Tell you what. Get out of the wind and stay in the sun and it gets warm pretty quick. 

3 hours ago, cbelke said:

Same here. 4 days is pushing it. I'm going to try and hold off till tomorrow afternoon to mow right before it rains tomorrow night. Hoping it doesn't starting raining before 6 PM tomorrow. If we get 1" - 2" over the next couple of days I'll need special rice paddy tires to float through the backyard.

Yeah, you should be fine tomorrow. Glad I didn't hold off one more day as my grass was high enough already. 

Much better out now vs this morning with less clouds to deal with. 

4 hours ago, Parsley said:

I'm basically the same. I mow every Monday and Thursday. This has timed out well this week with the incoming deluge. 

• Like 2

Gold star day today.  I love the cooler days with the higher sun angle.  The perfect mix of slight chill and warmth.

• Like 2

Gold star day today.  I love the cooler days with the higher sun angle.  The perfect mix of slight chill and warmth.

I agree completely, but there were times today when the wind emphasized the chill over the warmth.  I'm finding it
hard to remember wind chills in May.

2 hours ago, CameronCat said:

I agree completely, but there were times today when the wind emphasized the chill over the warmth.  I'm finding it
hard to remember wind chills in May.

Perhaps it was my location, but I had too much cloudiness combined with the wind. It improved by 3pm or so but 10am-3pm was mostly cloudy making it feel chilly with the 30 mph gusts. 

35.7F, its a tad on the nippy side this morning.

Really hoping next Monday and Tuesday aren't flirting with 32.

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

Really hoping next Monday and Tuesday aren't flirting with 32.

You are in one spot that will come close.  I guess it depends on the wind (and any clouds).  If they stay up enough, you'd probably be ok.  This is straight downsloping northwest winds, so being 5-10C above 850mb temps at night is not unheard of if the winds stay up.

39 min in Mount Laurel.

• Like 1

39 gilly which was hit at 3am. Clouds came in and temp rose a little

Of interest April 2017 finished at the 2nd all-time warmest April here in Chester County at an average temp of 57.0 - only surpassed by April 1921 at 57.5

62F at 6:30 AM,  no additional rain overnight. (yawn) 

59F now. Dropped 3 degrees already. This is the wrong direction. 

1 hour ago, cbelke said:

59F now. Dropped 3 degrees already. This is the wrong direction. 

Wait til Monday & Tuesday mornings.

• Like 1